Dick Hanna Jeep Event October 7th, 2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Dick Hanna Jeep Event October 7th, 2012

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 08-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
Oregonwolf
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Dick Hanna Jeep Event October 7th, 2012

Well it is finally coming, I will have more details to come in the upcoming weeks. But the date has officially been set. This will be replacing the past Annual "Don't Fear the Jeeper" Event

1991 YJ I6 4.7 Stroker 248hp 5-speed manual
Oregonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

So is this going to be a Piston's Wild Event?
Is the "Don't Fear The Jeeper" title been trade marked and/or cant be used for some reason?
...seems like keeping the name of the event would be beneficial... if nothing else but for recognition sake.
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
Oregonwolf
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ View Post
So is this going to be a Piston's Wild Event?
Is the "Don't Fear The Jeeper" title been trade marked and/or cant be used for some reason?
...seems like keeping the name of the event would be beneficial... if nothing else but for recognition sake.
This is a Dick Hannah Event supported by the PistonsWild club just like the old "Don't Fear the Jeeper" events had been. The cause is the same, the proceeds go towards helping build the Yacolt Burn Trail System.

The "Don't Fear the Jeeper" title is trade marked and do to legal reasons can no longer be used by Dick Hannah or Brandon. That is all I know about it. I would have been great if they could have kept the name, but neither of them can. Where you able to submit your interest in DJ'ing the Event?
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've been putting in 50-60 hour weeks here, plus had to make sure all my ducks were in a row for when I DJ'd/MC'd the Salem Jeepers Summer Jam
(which went great - cant wait for next year!)
...So I sort of had put contacting Crystal on the back burner.... I'm going to try giving her a call this afternoon, now that things with this event are coming together.
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Oregonwolf
1991 YJ Wrangler 

OK, If you are still interested I am talking with the Dick Hannah person in charge of the event (Yes they finally have someone in place to head the event) and I will mention you to them.
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Absolutely!
(try to give me a good word while your at it!)
Hopefully they remember me from last year..... they seemed to like what I did.
Should be even better this time around!
OH!!!...I have someone who wants to support the cause as a vendor (Metal Cloak) ...let me know how he can get involved.
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
Oregonwolf
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I put in a good word for you and included that you did last years and summer jam. I also have other vendors that want to know how they can setup booths or get involved so I ask those questions. He is supposed to get back to me with answers to all 4 of the questions he did not have answers to. As soon as he lets me know I will get a hold of you ASAP.
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

OUTSTANDING!
Thanks.... look forward to hearing from you.
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
nwpipelayerxj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ
I've been putting in 50-60 hour weeks here, plus had to make sure all my ducks were in a row for when I DJ'd/MC'd the Salem Jeepers Summer Jam
(which went great - cant wait for next year!)
...So I sort of had put contacting Crystal on the back burner.... I'm going to try giving her a call this afternoon, now that things with this event are coming together.
It did go great I liked the summer jam a lot
nwpipelayerxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Alright People IT'S ON!!!!
I just had a meeting with Jordan Green the marketing Director for Dick Hannah, and we discussed the event in detail,
...Let me tell you, he's got big plans!!!
I'm super excited to be on board again this year, as the events DJ and MC for the second year in a row.
I'm helping him get the vendors list nice and big, and we're looking at one HUGE turnout.
This is his first year doing this, so he doesn't quite know what to expect,
so lets make sure we let every one in our social circles and contact lists know about it,
and help drum up as much support as we can!
Remember the proceeds from this event are going towards the building process of the Yacolt Burn OHV Project....
Its a good cause, and there's a TON of good people behind this.
If you or someone you know can help in any way, we WILL need voluteers for various tasks.
Also, if you or someone you know is interested in attending as a vendor let me know and we'll get every one involved, connected and up to speed.

I hope to see everyone out there again, and we'll keep this thread updated as more details become finalized.
Unread 09-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Unofficial teaser flyer

A 'lil' somethin to get you guys riled up and start getting excited about the upcoming event.......
It is officially a go! We have the date, time and location for the 3rd Annual Dick Hannah Jeep Off-Road Show with the proceeds going to the Yacolt Burn Project.
Date: Sunday, October 7th, 2012
Start Time: 11:00am
End Time: 4:00pm (or whenever everyone leaves)

This event will be just as big as Dick Hannah’s Past Events. There will be lots of cool stuff with all of the proceeds going to the Yacolt Burn Project in SW Washington to open more trails.
They are clearing the lot so we will have plenty of room and they are expecting over 100 Jeeps.
There will be a RTI Ramp, BBQ, Raffle, Music, Vendors, and more!!!!
This is a great event for a great cause. There will be many sponsors this year bringing their products, and they are working on getting a MASSIVE number of giveaways. They are going to be asking for a donation this year (same as in the past years, the donation price will be posted shortly), but it all goes to the Yacolt Burn Project in SW Washington and they are going to provide food, music, and many chances to win stuff. You won't be disappointed. (The donation is not required, but they would sure appreciate the help with this upcoming ORV area.)
So let’s make sure we let everyone in our social circles and contact lists know about this event,
and help drum up as much support as we can!

If you or someone you know can donate anything towards the raffle prizes, it would make this event even better and help raise more funds towards the Yacolt Burn Project.
Also, if you or someone you know is interested in attending as a vendor, please contact Dave (OregonWolf) at: dfjennings68@gmail.com to let me know.
We want to get as many people involved, connected and up to speed.
We'll get the official and updated flyer with the massive vendor's list and a link to the registration page up shortly!
Unread 09-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
woot!
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #13
Noplainsdrifter
1974 CJ5 

When is the location going to be announced?
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Are Washingtonians allowed? I wouldn't mind a little weekend road trip...we hardly ever have cool events like that up here.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #15
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noplainsdrifter View Post
When is the location going to be announced?
There are two tentative locations on the table right now. One is right where it was last year, in front of Dick Hannah Jeep. The other is right behind that, in the old Winco parking lot. Neither is set in stone, and there may be other options. We'll finalize things in the very near future. And word has it..... there may be plans in the next couple years to host this event at PIR in the infield and use the motocross track as an obstacle course. This of course all depends on how this event goes.... so lets make sure we get a ton of people there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Are Washingtonians allowed? I wouldn't mind a little weekend road trip...we hardly ever have cool events like that up here.
EVERYONE is allowed, I think last year we even had people from Idaho. This event will more than likely BE in Washington anyways.... so no excuses, you'd better be there!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.