Cruisin thru Oregon, looking for some wheeling areas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Cruisin thru Oregon, looking for some wheeling areas

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 03-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
herculz
2010 JK Wrangler 

Cruisin thru Oregon, looking for some wheeling areas

In Oregon for work and drove my JK up here since we didn;t need much equipment and its alot more expensive bring our company vehicles, so i am in some BFE city called McMinville and just got here at night so limited visability to see any possible trails. anyone wanna give my JK a taste of Oregon mud or trails?

jeep-jk.jpg  
herculz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
Shewoolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The best and most legal spot to wheel in Oregon is about an hour north of where you are in the Tillamook State Forest.

http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/tillamooks...hvtrails.shtml

You will need a $10 permit http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/permit_vendors.shtml

and a Map of the trails http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/tillamooks...s/TSFOHV09.pdf

In Oregon McMinville is not BFE LMAO many more places farther from the Big city LOL
Shewoolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
lortsie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

In McMinnville (or Mac) you're fairly close to the Brown's Camp OHV and Tillamoook State Forest. Both have a lot of trails and there's lots of info online. BLM/Forest Service will have info too. If you have an updated Cali OHV sticker you're covered, otherwise you'll need an Oregon one. I'd offer to hit a trail with you but my rig is still in "project" mode

Edit - What she said ^
lortsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
herculz
2010 JK Wrangler 

sounds good guys, had some dude hit me up at gas station that was violating my rig with his eyes and that seemed like a tweeker or meth head saying he'd take me to some trails but my gutt says trouble. We are almost done finishing a job at the Aviation Museum dealing with the IMAX theater so if we finish tomorrow i might have time thursday to check out those spots, as far as OHV sticker i have the yearly Adventure Pass from California is that what your talking about?
herculz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
Shewoolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looked it up.
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
Shewoolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This maybe useful IF California honors our pass we will honor theirs.

http://www.oregonohv.org/OPRD/ATV/Permits.shtml
ATV Permits

ATV Permit Information Ocean Shores-ATV Permits
Out of state ATV Permits Snowmobiles
Class I Permits
Class II Permits
Class III Permits
Class IV Permits

ATV Permit Information
You must display an ATV permit if you are operating your ATV on public land (and even then, the land must be specifically designated for ATV use). The ATV Permit Fee is $10.00 (Most permit agents charge an extra .50), and it is valid for two years. See the latest permit agent list. There are three classes of ATVs (see below).

Out of state ATV Permits
An ATV/OHV operating permit that is issued in another state shall be honored in the State of Oregon if the issusing state also honors an Oregon ATV operating permit. The ATV must have a resident state ATV/OHV operating permit or a State of Oregon ATV operating permit to operate the ATV on designated ATV areas. A State of Oregon ATV operating permit may be issued for all terrain vehicles owned by a resident of another state that does not have a permitting program. For a list of states that have reciprocity with Oregon, please visit the Reciprocity Information Page.

Class I Permits

(ATVs, 3 Wheelers)

Operators with a suspended or revoked drivers license may not operate any class ATV

Defined:
For vehicles 50 inches wide or less
Dry weight of 1,200 pounds or less
Uses handlebars for steering;
Has a seat designed to be straddled for the operator
Travels on three or more pneumatic tires that are six inches or more in width and has wheels with a rim diameter 14" or less.
Meet the safety equipment standards for off road vehicles.

Operator requirements (applies only to public OHV riding areas):
All operators must hold a valid ATV Safety Education Card – phased in:
Jan. 1, 2009 Youth 15 and under and adults supervising youth
Jan. 1, 2010 30 and under
Jan. 1, 2011 40 and under
Jan. 1, 2012 50 and under
Jan. 1, 2013 60 and under
Jan. 1, 2014 All riders must have an ATV safety education card
Youth under 18 must wear a DOT approved helmet with the chin strap fastened.
Youth under 16:
must be supervised by an adult who is at least 18 years old and holds a valid ATV Safety Education Card and can provide immediate assistance and direction to the children.
must meet Rider Fit rules.
As of January 1, 2012, youth must also successfully complete a hands-on training course

Class II Permits

(4x4s)

Operators with a suspended or revoked drivers license may not operate any class ATV

Defined:
Weighs more than or is wider than a Class I all-terrain vehicle
Is not a Class IV all-terrain vehicle
Is actually being operated off a highway
Operator requirements (applies only to public OHV riding areas):
A valid drivers license.
Youth under 18 must wear a DOT approved helmet with the chin strap fastened (unless vehicle is registered and has a roof or roll bar).
Youth under 16 must wear seatbelts if the OHV is equipped with them.
Meet the safety equipment standards for off road vehicles.
Check with law enforcement officials in the area you wish to ride for any special requirements.
Liability insurance is required by law for all Class II vehicles (ref: ORS 806.012 & 806.020). Contact your insurance company for more information.
*A vehicle Title is often required to finance or insure any Class of ATV. Contact Department of Motor Vehicles for vehicle Titling information.
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

There's some good spots over in Bend area ( Central Oregon ) too... lots of rock crawling there. Most places are going to be covered in snow for another month or so though.
141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Let's not forget the dunes .

http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_sand_lake.htm
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
lortsie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Re: above - Oregon does honor California's OHV passes as long as it's up to date.
lortsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.