Can anyone recommend a good exhaust shop in the Beaverton area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Can anyone recommend a good exhaust shop in the Beaverton area?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #1
Pumpiniron

Can anyone recommend a good exhaust shop in the Beaverton area?

Okay so recently I purchased a 2.5 inch Magnaflow stainless steel catback exhaust and a 2.5 inch Performance Curve cat.

Rather than using exhaust clamps I want to have the system welded. Also, I don't particularly want to be on my back under the car installing an exhaust when a shop with a lift can do it much quicker.

So, my question is this... Can anyone recommend a good exhaust shop in the Beaverton (or at least SW Portland) area? I know there's a ton around but last time I went to a random exhaust shop for my Subaru just to install a muffler I brought in they charged me an arm and a leg.

I'm just trying to find a reputable place that doesn't try to rip people off, that's all.

Thanks in advance!

Unread 09-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
I've had good experiences with:

Exhaust Specialties & Brakes
10900 SW Canyon Rd Beaverton OR 97005 (503) 644-2171
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
Pumpiniron

Thanks! I'll check them out!
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
And I've had bad experiences with Eds Muffler (behind the Carriage Car wash)
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
Pumpiniron

I've heard of other people having bad experiences with them as well!

Last time I went to some random muffler place I asked them how much it would be to mount my catback system and weld it instead of using the stock clamps. They told me it would be $250. I was like give me a break guys... If you charge $100 an hour for labor there's no way in hell it's going to take you more than an hour to mount a catback system with a lift... I mean no chance in hell.

They were just some grease monkeys trying to make easy money off what they thought was an unsuspecting customer. Either way I took off and told them I would look elsewhere.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.