Browns Camp TSF Memorial Day Weekend - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Browns Camp TSF Memorial Day Weekend

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #31
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ

I might be available to head up that weekend.... on your list of fixes.... I think I can help out. I hold a First Class MECP Certification... worked in the mobile electronics field for about a decade. When it comes to electrical issues, or re-wiring, etc. I can do it all. I may be able to take care of that linkage issue too.... went thru hell and back troubleshooting my own, so I think I can tackle yours with confidence. Let me know.
Thanks for the offer. I got an ASE certified grease monkey helping me out this weekend but if things get fubar'ed, I will def hit you up! I'm hoping that switching the linkage will solve my issues... Thanks again

Unread 05-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #32
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ View Post
I might be available to head up that weekend.... on your list of fixes.... I think I can help out. I hold a First Class MECP Certification... worked in the mobile electronics field for about a decade. When it comes to electrical issues, or re-wiring, etc. I can do it all. I may be able to take care of that linkage issue too.... went thru hell and back troubleshooting my own, so I think I can tackle yours with confidence. Let me know.
Was thinking, if I can't figure out the stereo issue I am having, I may need an electrician of your caliber. Why? because O am going to rip out all the wiring to that thing!! LOL
Thanks again J!
Unread 05-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #33
Trob99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I may be able to help with the stereo. Is it aftermarket? If so I would almost guarantee it, if you need help on that one.
Trob99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #34
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob99 View Post
I may be able to help with the stereo. Is it aftermarket? If so I would almost guarantee it, if you need help on that one.
Yes, aftr market Pioneer deck. I have no idea if it was professionaly installed or jerry-rigged... I have been getting an irritating popping from the left side speakers, so I was told to by-pass the stock Infinity amp... Whether that works or not I will find out...
Unread 05-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #35
JumpsInPuddles
2014 JK Wrangler 

The folks over at the ODF emailed:
Quote:
Airplane Hill is closed due to extremely saturated soils. Contributing factors are snow melt-off and rain. The trail will open as soon as the trail drys out. University Firepower is still closed due to seasonal restrictions. Ample and Alluring is closed to 4wd due to BPA powerline. Other than that everything else is open. Check websites and infoboards for updates. Logging is active so be aware on weekdays.
JumpsInPuddles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #36
JumpsInPuddles
2014 JK Wrangler 

When and where are we meeting?
I'm stopping for some milk, doughnuts and topping off the gas tank at Jim's Thriftway in Banks, OR first thing in the morning. Getting stoked about getting back on the trails with the wife and kids (as are they).

The earlier the better... that means we can be back on the trails all that much sooner.

Here's a great reference for mileposts along Hwy 6:

MP 52 Hwy 26/Hwy 6 junction
MP 49 Banks/Forest Grove exit
MP 43 Hwy 8 junction
MP 42 gas station (last gas until MP 0)
MP 41 Log Cabin restaurant
MP 40 Fernwood store
MP 39 Glenwood store
MP 33 Rogers Camp & Hwy 6 summit (sandshed)
MP 32 Rutherford Road
MP 30 University Falls Road
MP 29 Bates Road/waterfall (just East of MP)
MP 28 South Fork road
MP 24 Lees Camp store & Ben Smith road
MP 23 Jones Creek campground (Diamond Mill)
MP 18 Jordan Creek road & Keenig campground
MP 12 Kansas Creek cutoff (to Trask)
MP 8 Lil' Richie's store
MP 0 Turn left to head to Sand Lake
Unread 05-29-2011, 02:55 AM   #37
oregonjeepin

I'm officially out for tomorrow...didnt get a **** thing done today:-(
oregonjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #38
lloyd877
2001 WJ 

jumpsinpuddles: I saw you going by firebrake five today when my group was watching the "more capable" rigs going through it.
Unread 05-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #39
Trob99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! Should have waved us down, then we would've gone through too! We'll have to coordinate better next time. We had a blast, but limited knowledge off the area so it was kinda blind leading blind. Good day though, yeah?
Trob99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #40
JumpsInPuddles
2014 JK Wrangler 

I hope next time we are able to meet on the trail. We had a blast and can't wait to go again!

Here's a few shots I got from today...

View from the top (between trails)

View on one of the trails

Walking thru a very tight spot... driver's tires flush to downed tree. passenger;''s mirror folded in or it would it hit.

shot of the tree... not the scraps from someone else's mirror

here's the driver's front tire

this is my idea of a traffic jamb (if you must have one)

shot of the group up at the end of the trail
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #41
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Looks like y'all had a good time! Wish I could have made it out! Hopefully next time!
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #42
oregonjeepin

Wish I could have made it too.....slowly getting the bugs worked out of the XJ so i can 'wheel it..
oregonjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #43
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It was a good time. Nice to meet you guys. Me and my friend ended up hitting quite few more trails, but looks like I'll need some 35's to get through a few of them!
141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #44
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd877 View Post
jumpsinpuddles: I saw you going by firebrake five today when my group was watching the "more capable" rigs going through it.
Group? I may have made a bigger effort to go up if I knew there were going to be more Cherokees goin. You guys have a good run Austin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVet717 View Post
Yes, aftr market Pioneer deck. I have no idea if it was professionaly installed or jerry-rigged... I have been getting an irritating popping from the left side speakers, so I was told to by-pass the stock Infinity amp... Whether that works or not I will find out...
Sam, I got you covered. I can do that install in my sleep, whether it's rewiring your factory amp, or bypassing it all together. (bypassing would prob be a better route to go.) Let me know when you wanna tackle that.
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #45
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Nice... I will let you know! I have so much to do... Coils, shocks, injectors, and new seat carriage. Turning my passenger seat into a manual since the power carriage is toast...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.