Browns Camp TSF Memorial Day Weekend - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Browns Camp TSF Memorial Day Weekend

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #16
Discovery
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVet717 View Post
If I still have my ZJ, I will try for the day...
Hey I thought you had the OK to Keep it?

Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery

Hey I thought you had the OK to Keep it?
I did receive the "OK" to keep it!! Currently making a list of items that will be worked on. I am getting tires and rims, should ge getting my cb soon, and the handheld will be a back up. Have some other fixes to do like linkage and turn signal issues, and I am looking forward to the next run. Thinking the weekend after next if anyone is interested??
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #18
Fingers2r3
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to go. But i am having a bunch of work done to the TJ this weekend. New Lift,Shocks,and some fab work done. Last run was a blast.
Fingers2r3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #19
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers2r3
I would love to go. But i am having a bunch of work done to the TJ this weekend. New Lift,Shocks,and some fab work done. Last run was a blast.

this weekend our next weekend??? Doubt I will make it out until next... June 4
Unread 05-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #20
JumpsInPuddles
2014 JK Wrangler 

Last night, I traded in the old ML430 for a nicely used Liberty... would love to get out and see how it handles on some trails. It is my dd so I'm thinking about the easier trails for starters... that and I'll have 3 in carseats along as a rear seat cheering team.
JumpsInPuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #21
Discovery
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpsInPuddles View Post
Last night, I traded in the old ML430 for a nicely used Liberty... would love to get out and see how it handles on some trails. It is my dd so I'm thinking about the easier trails for starters... that and I'll have 3 in carseats along as a rear seat cheering team.

It would be great to see a Liberty on the trail.

I just picked the wife up a ZJ it is just about ready for the first trail.Browns sounds like it might be a tad busy.
Unread 05-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #22
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers2r3 View Post
Congrats on the new lift! LOL, no more squeaks on the trail huh? I guess I'll be the sole Jeep making the noises (not due to my suspension but actually from my SwayLOC)
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #23
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery View Post
It would be great to see a Liberty on the trail.

I just picked the wife up a ZJ it is just about ready for the first trail.Browns sounds like it might be a tad busy.
From what I heard it is going to be a mad house up there. I am thinking the weekend after...
Unread 05-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #24
JumpsInPuddles
2014 JK Wrangler 

I just emailed the Tillamook Forestry Dept for clarification as to what trails are open this weekend...

Based on their site (link) last updated on 05/09/2011... there are several which are closed.

... was told to try REI for the OHV stickers (I didn't believe it for a second...) I used to buy the m at GI Joes ...RIP Joes 8(

Here's who is really selling them... (make sure to bring your VIN)
JumpsInPuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #25
Discovery
2007 WK 

Quote:
From what I heard it is going to be a mad house up there. I am thinking the weekend after...
Not sure If I can Make the 4th Weekend, but I agree browns will be a zoo.
Unread 05-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #26
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpsInPuddles View Post
I just emailed the Tillamook Forestry Dept for clarification as to what trails are open this weekend...

Based on their site (link) last updated on 05/09/2011... there are several which are closed.

... was told to try REI for the OHV stickers (I didn't believe it for a second...) I used to buy the m at GI Joes ...RIP Joes 8(

Here's who is really selling them... (make sure to bring your VIN)
Most, if not all trails at Brown's will probably be open. When we were up a few weeks ago, there were very few that I saw closed off. There was still a lot of snow at the higher elevations and we had to trun back at the top portion of Firebreak 5. As for the ATV stickers, the Shell Station by Cambell's restaurant is where I got mine. I think it was around $10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery View Post
Not sure If I can Make the 4th Weekend, but I agree browns will be a zoo.
No worries if you can't make it, we will have fun for you! HAHA
I am sure we will be putting together other runs so if not this time, may be next! I am hoping to have better tires within the next few weeks and possibly my 2" BB... I am doing a few things this weekend with the help of a buddy.
Unread 05-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #27
Trob99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/permit_vendors.shtml
Hopefully this link will work. It lists all the places in the Portland metro area sell ORV tags. Its from the Oregon.gov page so it could be accurate. If the lion doesn't work, go to the gov page and look it up, it also list for all other countries as well. Hope this helps anybody that needs their sticker.
Trob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #28
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Zj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob99 View Post
http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/permit_vendors.shtml
Hopefully this link will work. It lists all the places in the Portland metro area sell ORV tags. Its from the Oregon.gov page so it could be accurate. If the lion doesn't work, go to the gov page and look it up, it also list for all other countries as well. Hope this helps anybody that needs their sticker.
Already got my sticker... I'm good till 2013!
Unread 05-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #29
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

So Thursday and Friday of next week are looking dry and in the upper 60's to low 70's. I hope that means that Saturday turns out to be just as nice and not so snotty!!! I could really use some new pics of the ZJ out at Brown's!!
Unread 05-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #30
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I did receive the "OK" to keep it!! Currently making a list of items that will be worked on. I am getting tires and rims, should ge getting my cb soon, and the handheld will be a back up. Have some other fixes to do like linkage and turn signal issues, and I am looking forward to the next run. Thinking the weekend after next if anyone is interested??
I might be available to head up that weekend.... on your list of fixes.... I think I can help out. I hold a First Class MECP Certification... worked in the mobile electronics field for about a decade. When it comes to electrical issues, or re-wiring, etc. I can do it all. I may be able to take care of that linkage issue too.... went thru hell and back troubleshooting my own, so I think I can tackle yours with confidence. Let me know.
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.