Brown's Camp or Goat Mtn - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Brown's Camp or Goat Mtn

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #16
lloyd877
2001 WJ 

I might be up for heading out to browns for another run.

Unread 05-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-XJ View Post
I am going with a group of XJ owners.. (friends of another forum) but i believe MoonyJohn(?) expressed interest in going aswell.. a few Grands would be nice to see.. do you want to meet up at some point?
So far thne 4th looks good for me... I am doing some work to my ZJ this weekend and if all goes well I should be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgotmud View Post
I have never been to browns camp, what kind of requirements do you need? lockers?lift?tires? that kind of stuff...I am going to put it on my calendar, but not sure if i can go or not yet
I have a stock ZJ and made it everywhere the lifted rigs went with the exception of Hogs back. Had a blast!! You should have no problems.
Unread 05-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #18
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd877 View Post
I might be up for heading out to browns for another run.
June 4th, can you make it??
Hopefully Islandtj and some of the others from the group can make it as well...
Unread 05-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #19
jgotmud
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVet717 View Post
So far thne 4th looks good for me... I am doing some work to my ZJ this weekend and if all goes well I should be there.

I have a stock ZJ and made it everywhere the lifted rigs went with the exception of Hogs back. Had a blast!! You should have no problems.
heck yeah thanks for the info
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #20
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
heck yeah thanks for the info
Obviously you have to have knowlwedge of your rig, but we did mild and merate trails, with a few difficult ones here and there. As long as you know what your doing and watch guides and listen to your CB when people are giving you info and tips, there should be no problems... I am counting on making June 4th, so if you can come on out! We had a stock 07 Grand with us as well... I just hope the weather holds up...
Unread 05-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #21
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVet717 View Post
June 4th, can you make it??
Hopefully Islandtj and some of the others from the group can make it as well...
I haven't washed the Jeep from our last run, hoping to get back into another run soon. Unfortunately, I am working this holiday weekend and will be out of town the weekend after. Sucks, because the price of gas is going down and I really want to go out again. Oh well, there will be more wheeling opportunities in the days to come .
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #22
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I may make it this Saturday. Who's in?
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

Unread 06-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #23
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

I'm going to try... Wirk is calling though...
Unread 06-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #24
JumpsInPuddles
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I have never been to browns camp, what kind of requirements do you need? lockers?lift?tires? that kind of stuff...I am going to put it on my calendar, but not sure if i can go or not yet
It really depends on the trails you are going to do. I been on several of the easy and moderate trails in a bone stock ZJ and now a bone stock KJ. There is no way I am going to try the rock garden (
)

There are a couple which are double black diamonds and even triple black diamond. Those I've only seen the trailered rigs going on so far.
JumpsInPuddles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #25
JumpsInPuddles
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post

I may make it this Saturday. Who's in?
I'm up for some moderate wheelin'

When and where?
JumpsInPuddles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #26
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpsInPuddles
It really depends on the trails you are going to do. I been on several of the easy and moderate trails in a bone stock ZJ and now a bone stock KJ. There is no way I am going to try the rock garden (Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OzCwpEGwnM&feature=relatedhttp://youtu.be/MUqRY7TPvxg)

There are a couple which are double black diamonds and even triple black diamond. Those I've only seen the trailered rigs going on so far.
My stock ZJ made it through almost everything we ran. If islandtj goes up with y'all, he will ve able to navigate and tell you which trails will and will not work for your rig and skill set... He us an awesome leader and guide!
Unread 06-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #27
jgotmud
1991 XJ Cherokee 

well I wasn't able to get the axles swapped into the rig in time.. I ran into some snags such as my XJ has no vac lines for the engagement fork on my spare axle, after researching I'm going to fab up a home brew "4x4 Posi-Lok". my first attempt yesterday was a failure... the cable and my idea worked great, regrettably I needed the cable to come from the opposite side so it would not interfere with my control arms...
wish i could be there post some pix and have fun....I will have to check one of the next runs, by the end of summer I want to be able to say, "I have wheeled Browns camp"
Unread 06-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #28
jgotmud
1991 XJ Cherokee 

well I wasn't able to get the axles swapped into the rig in time.. I ran into some snags such as my XJ has no vac lines for the engagement fork on my spare axle, after researching I'm going to fab up a home brew "4x4 Posi-Lok". my first attempt yesterday was a failure... the cable and my idea worked great, regrettably I needed the cable to come from the opposite side so it would not interfere with my control arms...
wish i could be there post some pix and have fun....I will have to check one of the next runs, by the end of summer I want to be able to say, "I have wheeled Browns camp"
Unread 06-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #29
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

I'm positive there will be other runs. I have to work or I would be going out. Oh well, gives me time to lift my rig and get my tires and rims on... Oh and of course get my cb installed!
Unread 06-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #30
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpsInPuddles View Post
I'm up for some moderate wheelin'

When and where?
LOL, JumpsInPuddles, I'm planning on joining your group at Jim's Thriftway in Banks at 8a .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.