Brown's Camp or Goat Mtn - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Brown's Camp or Goat Mtn

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Brown's Camp or Goat Mtn

I know a few people are going out Memorial Day weeknd, but I am thinking about the weekend after to avoid the mad rush!! Anyone up for either Brown's or Goat Mtn June 4th or 5th??

Let me know!!

Unread 05-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
oregonjeepin

I haven't been to Goat Mtn. in forever....as long as I dont break anything too big at Browns, I'm in!
oregonjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
XJ_Owner
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

im ready for some wheeling
{quote}This is my cherokee... there are many like it but this one is mine, I will love my cheroke form the day of ownership untill the day it dies, I promise to modd it and beat it after said mods... i promise to treat all other cherokee owners as family even though they are complete strangers.... and promise to jeep on forever
XJ_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
If caught by LEO, it is possible to get a citation/fine on Goat Mountain, unless you're doing a SOLV cleanup.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
oregonjeepin

Yep, it really HAS been a while since I've been up Goat Mtn.....last time we didnt have to worry about LEO. Not worth a citation!
Unread 05-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
Discovery
2007 WK 

Looks like someone has been up there recently.

Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

I know a few people sure going ot there. I won't be able to make it since they are going out Monday. Saturday I plan on spending it with my rig doing some necessary work. I am hoping that we can get a run together for June 4th or something...
Unread 05-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

I know a few people that are going out there. I won't be able to make it since they are going out Monday. Saturday I plan on spending it with my rig doing some necessary work. I am hoping that we can get a run together for June 4th or something...
Unread 05-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #9
NW-XJ
1998 ZJ 

I will be up at TSF (browns) the 4th and the 5th.
Unread 05-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #10
ArmyVet717
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-XJ
I will be up at TSF (browns) the 4th and the 5th.
Cool! There's 1!
Hopefully I can get a few more people to go out. The group I went out with was great, I had a blast!!
Unread 05-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery View Post
Looks like someone has been up there recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LiZ267S5r8

I was there riding quads a few weeks ago in the snow. Lots of idiots dumping garbage up there. Sad part is most of it was from people shooting or wheeling. Pretty easy to identify the spots where the kids with the tall Toys have been by the trail of beer cans and any soft spots rutted up to your eye balls. Most of us have all had our days of being young and dumb, but now it's a matter of survival for our trails. I always take a couple garbage sacks and try to pack out what I can wherever I go in the woods.

FYI - I have heard from poeple that live nearby they are giving some hefty fines if you get caught on the trails up there.
141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #12
Discovery
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 141 View Post
I was there riding quads a few weeks ago in the snow. Lots of idiots dumping garbage up there. Sad part is most of it was from people shooting or wheeling. Pretty easy to identify the spots where the kids with the tall Toys have been by the trail of beer cans and any soft spots rutted up to your eye balls. Most of us have all had our days of being young and dumb, but now it's a matter of survival for our trails. I always take a couple garbage sacks and try to pack out what I can wherever I go in the woods.

FYI - I have heard from poeple that live nearby they are giving some hefty fines if you get caught on the trails up there.
That is a shame, Idiots affect us all.

I think a trail clean day is in order,I bet we could get away with running the trails if we picked up debris as we went.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #13
NW-XJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVet717 View Post
Cool! There's 1!
Hopefully I can get a few more people to go out. The group I went out with was great, I had a blast!!
I am going with a group of XJ owners.. (friends of another forum) but i believe MoonyJohn(?) expressed interest in going aswell.. a few Grands would be nice to see.. do you want to meet up at some point?
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #14
oregonjeepin

I agree. Might not hurt to do a little research into it and find out. Wouldn't mind doing a trail clean day if it keeps the area open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery View Post
That is a shame, Idiots affect us all.

I think a trail clean day is in order,I bet we could get away with running the trails if we picked up debris as we went.
Unread 05-25-2011, 01:31 AM   #15
jgotmud
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVet717 View Post
I know a few people are going out Memorial Day weeknd, but I am thinking about the weekend after to avoid the mad rush!! Anyone up for either Brown's or Goat Mtn June 4th or 5th??

Let me know!!
I have never been to browns camp, what kind of requirements do you need? lockers?lift?tires? that kind of stuff...I am going to put it on my calendar, but not sure if i can go or not yet

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.