Browns camp fri-sat the 8th and 9th! camp - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Browns camp fri-sat the 8th and 9th! camp

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
DunerDude
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Browns camp fri-sat the 8th and 9th! camp

Hey everyone, my buddies and I will be headed to browns camp friday afternoon after work (about 4pm)
If the weather isnt too bad we are going to camp a night and get up and wheel all day saturday.

If you would like to join please bring the obvious:
Tent
tow strap
food
drinks and extra gas (5gal. can should be plenty) would be a plus but some of you get better mileage then us haha.
I will be bringing my little BBQ and you are all more then welcome to use it, just bring your own meats.
We will be bringing some wood, but If you bring some-awesome!

We dont do anything extreme, and if any of you are worried about body damage please trust that we will do all we can to help you avoid it. I like to keep my jeep purty too

Heres a couple pics from last time just so know where our skill level is at haha...

Sammy on 29's

My LJ on 33's short arm-not locked, no armor.

MoonyJohn from the forum on firebreak5

and another friends girlfriends '08 taco. It came out unscaved so please trust us that we will do all we can to avoid damage if your worried

Unread 01-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunerDude View Post
Hey everyone, my buddies and I will be headed to browns camp friday afternoon after work (about 4pm)
If the weather isnt too bad we are going to camp a night and get up and wheel all day saturday.

If you would like to join please bring the obvious:
Tent
tow strap
food
drinks and extra gas (5gal. can should be plenty) would be a plus but some of you get better mileage then us haha.
I will be bringing my little BBQ and you are all more then welcome to use it, just bring your own meats.
We will be bringing some wood, but If you bring some-awesome!

We dont do anything extreme, and if any of you are worried about body damage please trust that we will do all we can to help you avoid it. I like to keep my jeep purty too

Heres a couple pics from last time just so know where our skill level is at haha...

Sammy on 29's

My LJ on 33's short arm-not locked, no armor.

MoonyJohn from the forum on firebreak5

and another friends girlfriends '08 taco. It came out unscaved so please trust us that we will do all we can to avoid damage if your worried

If I come over on Saturday, How would I locate you? CB, 2 meter, cell, smoke signal,what?
Unread 01-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Im wondering the same thing, I prob wont come on friday, but I will definitely come on saturday.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
DunerDude
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I rarely get cell service, We (us that have them) run our CB's on channel 25. If you shoot a flair, we will find you just stay put.
Unread 01-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
DunerDude
2004 LJ Wrangler 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anybody that wants to just come saturday, we can arrange a meet up at the entrance of browns camp at say 8am?? Right as you take a left into browns camp (driving west from portland) the "road" tee's. take another left and park in the staging area, theres restrooms there. We'll get a head count thursday night, as I am leaving right after work on friday, so we dont leave anyone behind.

Unread 01-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #6
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

I like the sounds of that.

Unread 01-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
phillsam
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Bummer, im heading up sunday morning...only day i have off...let me know if any of you will be there then
Unread 01-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #8
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I wish I had my Jeep but it's stuck in Boise. Why did I have to fly home. If I had it I would totally be there.
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Jessie The Jeep (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
merkur92
2002 WJ 

I will make it out sat morning as long as my new drivshaft is done by then. I don't think a front wheel drive jeep would get around to good.
Unread 01-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #10
DunerDude
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkur92 View Post
I will make it out sat morning as long as my new drivshaft is done by then. I don't think a front wheel drive jeep would get around to good.
depends where your goin haha. alright so far moon and merkur showing up sat mornin? if you cant make it, just let me know by tomarow night-fri morning.
Unread 01-06-2010, 11:14 PM   #11
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

This is so tempting to rally down I-5 for. Ill see if I can scrape up the funds for gas.
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:25 AM   #12
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

for the people meeting up saturday morning, want to meet up at banks around 9am? Then we can all meet up at the entrance around 9:30 if that sounds reasonable. Ill probably want to get out of there by 3pm/before it gets dark.

Unread 01-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #13
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I am DEFINITELY going Sunday, later in the day. Around Noon. Meet at Rodgers Camp Trailhead, just off Hwy 6.
Unread 01-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #14
merkur92
2002 WJ 

Moonjohn I am ok with meeting whenever. I am still waiting for my rear driveshaft from six states. He said it would be done by the end of the week. That's the only thing that will stop me from making it. Sdmoose to bad you can't make it sat. I used to wheel with steve, Jeff, and the other San Diego guys.
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #15
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillsam View Post
Bummer, im heading up sunday morning...only day i have off...let me know if any of you will be there then
That's why I'm waiting until Sunday.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.