Any Jeepers in the Canyonville/Roseburg area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Oregon Jeep Forum > Any Jeepers in the Canyonville/Roseburg area?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 08-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Any Jeepers in the Canyonville/Roseburg area?

My wife's Aunt/Uncle live in Canyonville. We travel up from time to time to visit them. I would consider taking the Jeep one of these trips and maybe hit some trails while up there. Anyone from this area that could show a Norcal Jeeper some trails? What restrictions are there at the Dunes?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not too sure what's around that area, but South of Grants pass is the Mcgrew trail. There's a few youtubes out there and this link has some info on it.

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_6df5.htm

For the dunes you just need a flag whip and a Oregon ATV sticker. Pretty much any motorcycle shop has them both. The biggest area starts down by Coos Bay and runs north to just south Of Winchester Bay. Winchester has the tallest dunes, but not much fun for a jeep. Florence is also a good spot. Some taller dunes and a few trails to play on.
2012 Rubicon JKUR: 4" Tera Flex Long Arm, Fox 2.0 Shocks w/resi, Fox Stabi, Yukon 5:13's, Evo C gussets, Evo Magnum Sleeves, Evo Rockstars, LOD Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Rock Brawler Rear Bumper/Carrier,Poison Spyder Sliders, Poison Spyder EVAP Skid, KMC Strikes on 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure how active this group is now, and I have not wheeled with them. http://www.x-tremeoffroaders.com/

I'm an hour north of Roseburg. Willamette Valley Jeep Klub (WVJK) is active up here.

The Medford area has a huge, active group that makes trips all over. Southern Oregon Jeep Klub (SOJK). They are both on Facebook.
Unread 09-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to look them up on my next trip up north!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
goldhammer
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Go to PNW4WDA.org, main page, about us, clubs, region 6 and look for Extreme and Umpqua Valley Timber Cruisers. McGrew, the region does a fathers day w/e run on it every year, with a steak dinner with all the trimmings and nice breakfast the next morning. McGrew is about 14 miles of old gold camp wagon road, can run it in around 4 hours, but 5-6 is better for you and the rig. Take a buddy with you, no place to be broke with no help.

Contact either club above for info on that trip or when they go out and play.
goldhammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.