JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Oregon Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f314/)
-   -   2nd Annual No Roads Required Off-Road Show (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f314/2nd-annual-no-roads-required-off-road-show-1539778/)

Oregonwolf 06-22-2013 08:50 AM

2nd Annual No Roads Required Off-Road Show

1 Attachment(s)
The 2nd Annual No Roads Required Off-Road Show is here! Stay tuned for updates on sponsors, awards, day of schedule, etc.

Date: Saturday, September 14th, 2013
1200 NE 95th Street, Vancouver, WA 98665

Gate opens for show rides at 11:30 am
Show starts at 12 pm.

Also you can go to the event page to insure you receive the info.
https://www.facebook.com/events/189665577864332/

No Roads Required is open to all off-road vehicles! We're excited to see what everyone brings out. Whether you have a Jeep, an FJ, a buggy or something that doesn't even have a name yet but still screams though mud, dirt, rock and sand, bring it on down to the show on Saturday, September 14th, 2013.

Please help Spread the word!

NW99XJ 07-12-2013 11:51 AM

We Got Tunes!!!

I'm really excited to announce that once agin I will be providing some great tunes all day long for this year's event.
I had a great time, and a lot of fun last year...and got to meet and hang out with some great folks.
This year is looking to be HUGE!
The amount of people committed to this is so far above and beyond last years attendance, it's mind blowing.
This year the gates are open to all kinds of offroad vehicles!
I'm a die hard Jeep fan as much as the next guy, but its going to be pretty cool to see this many 4WD rigs in one area.
.... should make for an interesting RTI competition as well!

Right now ALL proceeds from this year's eventare going to the ODF (Oregon Dept of Forestry) to help with trail repair, upgrades, current trail projects, and the conversion of some smaller trails into Class II trails ..... that means new wheeling terrain! :2thumbsup::highfive:

Please tell your friends and invite a buddy (or three) .... check out the facebook link above, click that your going, and check in often....
(I hear there's going to be a huge announcement in the coming weeks!) :shhh:

I hope to see you all there!!!

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/...1/IMG066-1.jpg

NW99XJ 08-01-2013 10:11 AM

*** SPREAD THE WORD!!! ***

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...75890561_n.jpg

>

Thats right boys and girls, the attention for this event has gotten SO big, and there are SO many people already involved and ready to go, that the parking lot at Fast Specialties, and even the adjacent car lot is no where NEAR big enough to contain this event and all the people and offroad rigs that are going to be there.
The no roads required show is quickly becoming the largest Offroad event in the NW.
Folks you do NOT want to miss out on this one!

NW99XJ 08-01-2013 10:48 AM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_...foPostcard.jpg

Portland International Raceway
1940 North Victory Boulevard
Portland, OR 97217

There will be full service concessions there for food and beverages all day long.
There will (of course) be an RTI Ramp on site.
There will be several awards being handed out.
There will be a 50/50 Raffle there as well.... someone is going to walk away with a big wad of cash!

Money raised at No Roads Required will be benefiting the Tillamook State Forest ORV trail systems to help with maintenance of the existing trails and to help build/convert new ones in the coming years.

*** Be sure to mention you're there for the No Roads Required Show when at the gate - this will ensure all funds collected go to ODF ***

141 08-02-2013 12:17 PM

Enjoy the show... but I would NEVER get any suspension work done at Fast Specialties. Those guys did me sooooo wrong. Didn't even torque down the track bar and control arms correctly. Once I hit the freeway I got the dreaded death wobble. Called them and told them I was heading back there to get it corrected and they tried to tell me my tires were out of balance! Did I mention they messed up the crush sleeves during the re-gear as well? Save yourself some headaches and get the work done elsewhere.

NW99XJ 08-02-2013 01:04 PM

Wow.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion,
....but next time I would ask that you keep comments/reviews/opinions about a company or project in the appropriate section, or even in your own build thread.
....and not muck up an event thread.
Thanks.

141 08-03-2013 05:59 PM

Not my intent at all. Like I said, enjoy the show. But what they did was not just an opinion. I've got some nice photos of my fox stabi that got trashed because they mounted it incorrectly as well. Spent allot of money, as well as time away from work to make return trips to that place. Ken, the manager is a great guy and did his best to make things right. The guys in the shop... Not so much. Hopefully others won't experience the same pain thanks to my heads up. Wouldn't you want the same? I know I would.

JumpsInPuddles 11-12-2013 07:32 AM

No Roads Required was a great event. Lots of cool ideas and vehicles to see. Am really looking forward to next year's event. I like that it is growing and expanding beyond its origins. Very interested to see it grow out into all the different varieties of off-roading and hope to see some expedition/green laning/overland trailers, roof-tents, accessories at the next one. Seeing how others have approached the sport for their non-Jeep vehicles opens up the thoughts to new ways to get my Jeep ready for the next adventure.

If we could get the Land Rover/Expo people and the Subaru Rally folks all out together - there could be a lot of aftermarket venders willing to bring out their latest toys which could be cross-marketed!

NW99XJ 11-12-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JumpsInPuddles (Post 17637113)
No Roads Required was a great event. Lots of cool ideas and vehicles to see. Am really looking forward to next year's event. I like that it is growing and expanding beyond its origins. Very interested to see it grow out into all the different varieties of off-roading and hope to see some expedition/green laning/overland trailers, roof-tents, accessories at the next one. Seeing how others have approached the sport for their non-Jeep vehicles opens up the thoughts to new ways to get my Jeep ready for the next adventure.

If we could get the Land Rover/Expo people and the Subaru Rally folks all out together - there could be a lot of aftermarket venders willing to bring out their latest toys which could be cross-marketed!

A "Vendor's Row" is something that has been talked about, and I personally would like to see at the next show. With the reputation, the size, and the following this event has, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
For the 2014 No Roads Required show, I plan on being a little more involved in the planning side of things, than just DJing the event.
Hopefully next year and the years to come, we see a larger diversity of offroad enthusiasts, from both the spectator side, as well as the vendor side of things.
Thanks for the interest and the kind comments. I hope to see ya next year!:wave:

The time now is 05:41 PM.