Yj owner in Auburn needs help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Yj owner in Auburn needs help

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 02-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
RBSRT8
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yj Yj owner in Auburn needs help

Hey all,

I just purchased a '89 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L I have been going through and fixing/replacing stuff that needs attention.

I have been pondering doing the Nutter Bypass. I would really like to have someone that has it done on their rig take me for a test drive and possibly help me do this mod on mine. This is my first Jeep and I have a lot of other questions too.

I am basically looking for a little of help from an experienced owner that would be willing to help me out. I have the average set of tools and some know-how,

I live in Auburn, near Pacific Raceways.

Will you help me?????

Ryan

RBSRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Not sure if you are familiar with the wavjc forum. Washington Virtual Jeep Club - wavjc.org - Jeep Jeeping Northwest Washington. Lot's of guys in your area on that forum, and I'll bet one of them can help.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBSRT8 View Post
Hey all,

I just purchased a '89 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L I have been going through and fixing/replacing stuff that needs attention.

I have been pondering doing the Nutter Bypass. I would really like to have someone that has it done on their rig take me for a test drive and possibly help me do this mod on mine. This is my first Jeep and I have a lot of other questions too.

I am basically looking for a little of help from an experienced owner that would be willing to help me out. I have the average set of tools and some know-how,

I live in Auburn, near Pacific Raceways.

Will you help me?????

Ryan
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/p...bypass-476720/
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
RBSRT8
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
I read your guide, I'm looking for someone to help me with the mod. I don't have a timing light, nor have I ever used one. I also need help doing the carb adjustments.

I have a hesitation when I re-apply the gas after coasting that I need to get figured out too.

Are you interested in helping me?

Ryan
RBSRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 02:09 AM   #5
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBSRT8 View Post
I read your guide, I'm looking for someone to help me with the mod. I don't have a timing light, nor have I ever used one. I also need help doing the carb adjustments.

I have a hesitation when I re-apply the gas after coasting that I need to get figured out too.

Are you interested in helping me?

Ryan
Ryan, I'm sorry I'm not the guy to help you on this. It sounds like lots of other guys here on the forum have actually done that specific procedure on their rig(s) and the help they could visit upon you would be of more value than mine. Trust me on that...For the record, I'm having a bit-o-trouble with my emissions stuff, too. When it comes to that stuff I take it to a buddy of mine's shop. The name of the company is:

Bitterling's Auto Services (253) 472.0415
6801 south Tacoma Way
Tacoma, WA 98409

Bitterling's isn't a 4x4 shop by any stretch of the imagination. Nonetheless, his guys are skilled, talented and experienced. Mine's going in next week...

His guys can fix you up, too. Bitterling's isn't that expensive either. Donny, the owner is a very reasonable guy. Among the great things about that place is that when something goes wrong with a repair they've done, he's as honest as the day is long and if the problem could even remotely be his fault, he'll own it/take responsibility and make it right. His guys have all been with him for a long time, too. Did I mention he has a towing business? A good guy to know...

Good luck to you, Ryan. Hope that helps.

~jL
Tacoma
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.