Yacolt burn area?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Yacolt burn area??

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yacolt burn area??

I have been reading a lot about the yacolt burn area right outside of Vancouver being developed as of a few years ago but I can't really find too much info on it otherwise. I went for a drive up there today and only found a bunch of areas where people go and shoot their guns and some logging roads.

Anyone know if there are areas open yet?? Maps?? Timeline?? Any way to volunteer?

Sykd4MyWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
jameslee97206
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Pistonswild.com . This is the group doing the leg work to make the trails legal as well as building the trails. Contact them for more info, post what you find here.
jameslee97206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have some emails out now trying to sign up for some volunteering. It is fairly complicated trying to find a way to help out here. I'm a tad frustrated mixed with a little sad because I know if they made this easier for people, they would receive a lot more help. I have talked with quite a few groups of people that have tried to offer help and gave up.. If someone actually had proper contact info or WAY better, a website, please post it here so people can find it.
Unread 12-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Racincowboy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykd4MyWaggy View Post
I have some emails out now trying to sign up for some volunteering. It is fairly complicated trying to find a way to help out here. I'm a tad frustrated mixed with a little sad because I know if they made this easier for people, they would receive a lot more help. I have talked with quite a few groups of people that have tried to offer help and gave up.. If someone actually had proper contact info or WAY better, a website, please post it here so people can find it.

I am a member of said Pistonswild Motorsports. Our website is at www.Pistonswild.com and there is also a free forum there as well with all the updates on the proposed Yacolt burn trail system as we get them. Work parties are going to start in the spring and we will need all the Volunteer help we can get.

I am sorry for your frustration as I have been working out of town for the last nine months and I own that. I have not been on here distributing the info as I have been since we have been working on this project.

Please feel free to pm me (or reply to this thread)on here with any further questions. I would also like to know the other groups that you have contacted that wanted info as well so we can get that to them.

Thank you for your interest and I look forward to meeting you in person sometime. Feel free to stop by one of our meetings if your schedule allows They are the 2nd tuesday of every month with the exception of December there is no December meeting. They are at Pied Piper Pizza on 4th plain (east of 205) in Vancouver. Feel free to contact me with any other questions and I will be sure to get you answers.

Here is some links to the Forum and our Yacolt burn facebook Page:
http://pistonswildforum.proboards.com and go down to the Yacolt Burn Forest info section about halfway down.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Yac...s/245300873634

Thanks for bringing this to my attention,

Lance

Check us out at WWW.Pistonswild.com
Racincowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racincowboy View Post
I am a member of said Pistonswild Motorsports. Our website is at www.Pistonswild.com and there is also a free forum there as well with all the updates on the proposed Yacolt burn trail system as we get them. Work parties are going to start in the spring and we will need all the Volunteer help we can get.

I am sorry for your frustration as I have been working out of town for the last nine months and I own that. I have not been on here distributing the info as I have been since we have been working on this project.

Please feel free to pm me (or reply to this thread)on here with any further questions. I would also like to know the other groups that you have contacted that wanted info as well so we can get that to them.

Thank you for your interest and I look forward to meeting you in person sometime. Feel free to stop by one of our meetings if your schedule allows They are the 2nd tuesday of every month with the exception of December there is no December meeting. They are at Pied Piper Pizza on 4th plain (east of 205) in Vancouver. Feel free to contact me with any other questions and I will be sure to get you answers.

Here is some links to the Forum and our Yacolt burn facebook Page:
http://pistonswildforum.proboards.com and go down to the Yacolt Burn Forest info section about halfway down.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Yac...s/245300873634

Thanks for bringing this to my attention,

Lance
Thanks for the direction! I have registered and am waiting patiently for the spring to come.
As for other groups. I was referring to people I talk to in person, I now have the direction to give so from now on, I know where to send them.

I found conflicting info about this question. Now that I am registered at Pistonswild site, will I be emailed about dates and opportunities to help with completion of the Yacolt burn area? or do I need to take further action?

I was going to PM you but I figured if I have a question (even a dumb one), then maybe someone else will have the same question and may find their answer here.
Unread 12-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
Racincowboy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

To the best of my knowledge you will be emailed from your forum registration. Just to make sure you get an email for work parties either pm me your email address and I will put it in our database for volunteers. That way you will get an email for sure. Sorry for the sloppy typing this iPhone is not very friendly. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Lance

Unread 12-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

PM sent, thanks I'll be sleeping with my work gloves on until I get an email.
Unread 12-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
Racincowboy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykd4MyWaggy View Post
PM sent, thanks I'll be sleeping with my work gloves on until I get an email.

I like that. I will pass it on to the others in the club we all get excited when we hear of volunteers sleeping with their work gloves on as we all do. At least most of us do.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.