Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

This willbe my first evans run..........

1K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  ZJJAMES 
#1 ·
This will be my first evans run 9/13 and would like people to come with is anyone down?:thumbsup:

#2 ·
As I said, I'll be there! IF the Heep doesn't break again! Just wondering what level the trails are there, if anyone knows? My YJ has a 2" rear shackle lift and nothing up front... I do have 31x10.5x15's though... I know that there will be some people to help out if I get stuck, but just want to know what the terrain is like in case so I can prepare myself...

#7 ·
Eventually I'm going to work up the nerve to try some real trails. With a 2009 JK, terms like "body damage" don't appeal to me.

I suppose I just need to grow a set, go out with some people who know what they are doing, and stay off the crazy trails.
We had a guy bring out his 2 year old JK and ripped off both his steps and one rear fender. He even climbed the logs and got high centered.

That guy rocked and was smiling the whole time.

Yah he dented his bumper up on each corner also.

'The trail will tell you what you need' is soooo true.

But a stock jeep can toot around Evans in most of the areas easily.

Stay on the left side of the map. 311 I believe is on the right and pretty gnarly. can be a good 4 hour run if you're up to it.

BTW I'm in lynnwood, where are you guys at?

#6 ·
ya I understand I just had to go to the body shop and fix A front corner post and hinge area so I try to not go to nuts lol

#11 ·
Hey McKBrew,

You ever want to, let me know and I'll hit some trails with you. I'm in Silverdale as well with my 2-Dr JK. Toss me a wave if you see me on the road.

-Me at the Tahuya Fun Run a month or two ago.

#13 ·
Thanks. I keep looking for your Jeep around as I'm guessing we both work at Bangor (I'm at TTF). Mine is one of the few Jeep Green 4 Doors I've seen around.

I need to head down to Tahuya sometime, I haven't been yet. Went looking in the late afternoon one day, but had no idea how to get there.

#22 ·
Hey guys just found out pnwjeep club is doing A campout meet the 12th and 13th of sept so there is going to be lots of jeeps doing evans.

#23 ·
The problem with Evans is that the trails have been beatin in by the TJ's, and our JKs are 9" wider, so we have somewhere between zero and about -2 inches of clearance through the dense trees. I scratched up all four of my fenders.

Here is my trip report from last fall with my almost brand new jeep. but then, that's what they are made for right?

ducatifriedrich - Evans Creek Oct 25, 08

Kurt

#24 ·
evans

Man it looks like I am going to have A blast I cant wait.My last kick off before school starts then I wait three months for break time and I mean that in more ways than one :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :teehee:

#26 ·
had a lot of fun up there that day. evans can be a bad place for the JK jeeps. no matter if you are a 2 door or 4 door it . every time i go up there i lose a finder. the 3 trails that will do damage to a JK are 197 , 198 and 520
most of the other trails can be done with just a few scratches or rub marks.
i will post a run to to elbe again that is a good place to ran as well.

AND HI kraelo glad you went with us lets do it again :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.