Wife's 99 Grand Cherokee is toast.....need advice. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Wife's 99 Grand Cherokee is toast.....need advice.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
Huds3

Wife's 99 Grand Cherokee is toast.....need advice.

I'm an Audi guy and big user of Audi forums so thought I'd pop on hear and get some advice on my wife's car. It's a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (V8) and the engine went bellyup over the weekend (cylinder bearings are toast). The car is at a local mechanic in Allyn, WA over on the penninsula (parents live over there) and he is just recommending scrapping it and he siad the the cost of an engine rebuild is minimum $5,000. The dead engine's got 146,000+ miles on it so I'm just not sure I want to put $5,000 into a car that's probably barely worth $6,000.

Any of you looking for a parts car? The interior and exterior are in great shape and we just put new front brakes on it and new tires on it about a year ago so it seems like I should be able to get something for it. I guess unless anybody has any other suggestions on courses of action, I'd be willing to accept offers for the car as-is. I don't really have the time or inclination to tear it all apart and part it out piece by piece, but it seems like someone could make some good money doing that if they have the time and know how.

I don't have any pictures unfortunately but I can try and have my folks snap a few shots if need be. Let me know and thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice you might have.

Thanks!!

Huds3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
Dean-
1999 WJ 

part it out! By selling most of the parts you should be able to get a pretty good penny for all the parts.

I would like the fenders and steering wheel without the air bag!
Unread 12-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
Huds3

Thanks for the input Dean. Like I said, I just do not have the time or space to rip the thing apart and am hoping to find somebody that does have the time and wants to buy the whole thing. At this point, I've pretty much got a week to get rid of it so just looking to move it as quickly as possible.
Huds3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Check your PM's

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.