Washington - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Washington

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Washington

I was wondering where i could find any good forest service road maps/ websites with maps, or if it is leagal to drive on them. If you have any info let me know. If anyone near northbend/snoqualmie area has any good spots to off road list them please. the snow is about to melt soon so was trying to plan some nice camping/wheeling weekends for this spring and summer.

99 Tj 4in lift 33inch mt

SnoqulmieTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Tinkham road (exits 42 and 47 off I-90)has some fun scenic stuff up near the top, but they aren't too tough, and right now it's most likely still covered with snow. But during the summer and maybe late spring it can make for a fun half day trip.

And lupinsea on here has this in his sig:
http://homepage.mac.com/jgreening/tr...ts/Menu72.html

A good show of trips around WA.
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

x2 on the site above. Only link you'll ever need.

Yes, the forest service roads are legal to drive on, unless posted otherwise. But if it's an active logging route, tune the CB channel and listen up - you do NOT want to be on the trail when those logging trucks come rolling down...you will lose.

And it will be awhile before the snow melts, but there are enough roads under the snow line that you should be good if you head out. If I can't make a trip far enough north or south to get on a real trail, I'll hit I-90 and look for an open fire road to explore with a few friends on occasion. Sometimes you find a great trail, and sometimes it's a bust. But even when it sucks, it's still exploring in the Jeep, so worth the trip.

In fact, if you are in North Bend, head out towards Garcia and McClellan Butte. NF-9020 and NF-9021 don't have the full loop open right now, but plenty of places to hill climb. Be careful though if you get around to the south side - LOTS of loose flat rock, and it gets slick. Stay in the mud this time of year.

And in a shameless plug - drill down close enough at maps.live.com (2 miles or less) and you'll see most of the forest service roads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.