Walker Valley recreational area closed due to fire danger - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Walker Valley recreational area closed due to fire danger

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
Duck Dodgers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and South of Disorder
Walker Valley recreational area closed due to fire danger

Walker Valley recreational area closed due to fire danger

The Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has closed the Walker Valley off-road vehicle (ORV) recreational area due to fire danger. A twenty-four-acre wildfire burning on DNR lands east of Mt Vernon, in Skagit County, threatens the safety of those using the popular ORV trails.

The thirty six miles of trails were closed to public access on Sunday, October 7 and will remain closed until Monday, October 15. The wildfire, which started Saturday, is burning in an area recently logged, as well as older standing timber. The fire was 50 percent contained by Sunday evening. The fire has a high potential for renewed growth because of the heavily wooded conditions and the presence of slash piles.

“We are asking for everyone’s patience as we get this fire under control,” said Laurie Bergvall, State Lands Assistant Regional Manager for DNR “As soon as the fire conditions will allow safe return we will open up the Walker Valley ORV area.”

For updates check http://www.dnr.wa.gov/recreation

Unread 10-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Duck Dodgers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and South of Disorder
Walker Valley has reopened.
Unread 10-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I might hit it up Sunday, it should be fun with all the rain we are getting now!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.