Walker Valley Map? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Walker Valley Map?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 06-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Justins_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Walker Valley Map?

Does anyone know where I could find a map of the Walker Valley ORV area? Everything I found online is a few years old. I'm heading up there this weekend. Thanks for your help.

Justins_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
MrFish
2012 JK Wrangler 

http://nwjeepn.com/walker%20valley.htm?
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
Duck Dodgers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and South of Disorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFish View Post
That is an old copy as well.... there is a map that came out last year. I just can't remember where they stashed it. I think I have a hard copy I will scan and post up here.

This one shows the Tooler trail closure, but here ya go...http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/amp_rec_tooler_trail_temp_closure030111.pdf
I'll find out why the newest copy ( unedited) in not online yet at the next Walker Valley Focus group meeting.

In addition the first section of Upper mainline is closed from Pat's trail to Expressway, expressway is now open again.. This section is being worked on for a re-route in the next few months ( hopefully)
Unread 07-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Walker Vally ORV Map (DNR)

It prints out on 11x17 real nice.
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
Justins_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. I ended up going the Saturday before last. My buddy took me down a real tight twisty trail and it was pouring rain. Ended up cracking a flare but didn't break anything expensive. I was ready to give up if they were all that tough but I rode with my buddy on a few other trails and they weren't bad. We planning on heading up again this Saturday.
Unread 07-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
cycleguy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justins_TJ View Post
Thanks for the info. I ended up going the Saturday before last. My buddy took me down a real tight twisty trail and it was pouring rain. Ended up cracking a flare but didn't break anything expensive. I was ready to give up if they were all that tough but I rode with my buddy on a few other trails and they weren't bad. We planning on heading up again this Saturday.
Sounds like fun. Where is Walker Valley ORV?

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #7
Justins_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's outside of Mount Vernon off College way. It was fairly easy to get to. But I was following someone that new the way.
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
cycleguy04

Hmmm... A good friend of mine lives in Mount Vernon. Do you remember how to get there?(Where off of College Way?)

Sent from the far reaches of space.

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #9
Justins_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Get off I5 at the E College way exit. Stay on that until SR 9. Take 9 to Walker Valley Rd. There were signs leading to the parking lot.
Unread 07-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Cycleguy04: check out the sticky at the top of the Washington sub-forum. There are a number of 4x4 trail areas listed, including Walker Valley, along with map links on how to get there. Click the map link, then put in your address as a second destination. Google will do the rest.

If you are coming up from the south, you can also get off of I-5 at Exit 221. There is a gas station right there if you want to top off your gas tank. Take SR 534 eastbound until it T's off at SR 9, turn Left on SR 9 until you get to Big Lake. At the northern end of the lake watch for the Walker Valley Rd sign as well as signs directing you to the ORV park, turn Right on Walker Valley Rd, then Right on Peter Burns Rd in another couple miles. It is maybe 15 min from the freeway.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.