WA people check in - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #766 of 1257 Old 11-02-2012, 12:01 PM
TheDemon
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 95
Downtown Redmond here, been taking my WK out to the series of trails at the base of Snoqualmie Pass (exits just before you start climbing up the pass), a lot of sweet random trails out there that range from easy to need a bigger lift than I got. (All pics were taken before I installed my lift)

Attached Thumbnails
Fording.jpg   Camp 1.jpg   Camp 2.jpg   Snow.jpg  

2006 WK Overland 5.7: SOLD!
TheDemon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #767 of 1257 Old 11-02-2012, 12:10 PM
TheDemon
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 95
Edit: The exits I'm talking about are off of I-90-E coming from the direction of Seattle*

2006 WK Overland 5.7: SOLD!
TheDemon is offline  
post #768 of 1257 Old 11-02-2012, 04:54 PM
maverick2107
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Maple Valley
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDemon
Downtown Redmond here, been taking my WK out to the series of trails at the base of Snoqualmie Pass (exits just before you start climbing up the pass), a lot of sweet random trails out there that range from easy to need a bigger lift than I got. (All pics were taken before I installed my lift)
Can u mark a trail spot on the map and post so I can see? I'm out in maple valley. Thx
maverick2107 is offline  
post #769 of 1257 Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 PM
ChadH
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kent
Posts: 274
That'd be a fun quick run for Sunday maybe. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some recovery equipment.
ChadH is offline  
post #770 of 1257 Old 11-03-2012, 05:13 PM
TheDemon
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 95
The address is NF-9020-1, North Bend, WA, if you type that into google maps, it'll take you right to it. There's a big brown and white sign (photo below) that says no target shooting, discovery pass, etc. I believe it's all part of the Iron Horse State Park. The photo of the little creek I drove into was off of Tinkham which is like one more exit down. They tend to block off some of the trails, but kids usually come through and shoot the locks off anyways. I can never tell if some of the gates were opened by a ranger or whether someone just came and shot it open
Attached Thumbnails
20121103_142813.jpg   20121103_142830.jpg  

2006 WK Overland 5.7: SOLD!
TheDemon is offline  
post #771 of 1257 Old 11-03-2012, 09:44 PM
BigMac4x4n
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Everett
Posts: 13
New to wheeling. In the Everett area . Picked up a 98 2.5l tj wanting to learn the hole jeep and wheeling life .here is a pic of my jeep

forumrunner_20121103_204302.jpg



forumrunner_20121103_204319.jpg



forumrunner_20121103_204334.jpg



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121103_204334.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	501422
BigMac4x4n is offline  
post #772 of 1257 Old 11-03-2012, 09:57 PM
ChadH
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kent
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDemon View Post
They tend to block off some of the trails, but kids usually come through and shoot the locks off anyways. I can never tell if some of the gates were opened by a ranger or whether someone just came and shot it open
All the more reason to bring bolt cutters in case it was a ranger and they lock you in! Happened before!!! ha! my dad's friend used to have the key to every lock on wearhouser land. Too bad they upgraded their locks in the late 80's when vandals started to hit it hard.....
ChadH is offline  
post #773 of 1257 Old 11-03-2012, 10:33 PM
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION
 
zte87's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon
Posts: 5,901
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac4x4n
New to wheeling. In the Everett area . Picked up a 98 2.5l tj wanting to learn the hole jeep and wheeling life .here is a pic of my jeep
Nice looking jeep! Idk why but I though you bought a 4.0......

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
zte87 is online now  
post #774 of 1257 Old 11-03-2012, 10:43 PM
BigMac4x4n
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Everett
Posts: 13
Nope that is why i told you i wanted to run 33's . That is until i can swap or regear and lock
BigMac4x4n is offline  
post #775 of 1257 Old 11-04-2012, 02:49 PM
TheDemon
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally posted by ChadH
All the more reason to bring bolt cutters in case it was a ranger and they lock you in! Happened before!!!
Wow, that would suck lol! Nothing my 7mm couldn't handle.

2006 WK Overland 5.7: SOLD!
TheDemon is offline  
post #776 of 1257 Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
PhaQGM
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Covington
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaQGM View Post
I just recently bought a 2004 GC Limited with Quadra Drive and 4.7 H.O. and I love it so far! I am more than impressed with it's off road capability it stock form.

I've had it off road a few times now, and just went up to Evan's Creek 520 last weekend. I was able to make it all the way to the rock slide, but had to turn around as there was a roll over. I'm planning on installing an IRO 4" long arm this weekend if all the parts arrive this week.
Finally got my lift installed, and my Bushwacker flares arrived. She's now 4 inches taller, and has a new set of shoes! I made a trip out to Fortune creek this weekend to test out the new setup. I must say, I'm very please with it so far! Now to get those discos installed!

Here are a few pics from this Saturday!





PhaQGM is offline  
post #777 of 1257 Old 11-05-2012, 02:14 PM
SnoqulmieTJ
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Duvall
Posts: 185
Nice rig!!!!!!!! I frequent these FS roads a lot, and know them very well. A lot of snow wheeling is in that area from mid Dec to spring time depending on how much snow we get. It is only no shooting to north, or south of I-90 with a specified area ( http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABP...2009408511.pdf ). Going around any barricade is subject to a $1,500 fine, and gets land closed down, so please don't do it. As for the gates rule of thumb is not to go past one unless you know that area is open to the public. Contact the Ranger Station http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mbs/ab...fsbdev7_001660 . There is a lot of nice scenery in the Snoqualmie Valley,so go enjoy it.
SnoqulmieTJ is offline  
post #778 of 1257 Old 11-05-2012, 03:24 PM
PhaQGM
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Covington
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoqulmieTJ View Post
Nice rig!!!!!!!! I frequent these FS roads a lot, and know them very well. A lot of snow wheeling is in that area from mid Dec to spring time depending on how much snow we get. It is only no shooting to north, or south of I-90 with a specified area ( http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABP...2009408511.pdf ). Going around any barricade is subject to a $1,500 fine, and gets land closed down, so please don't do it. As for the gates rule of thumb is not to go past one unless you know that area is open to the public. Contact the Ranger Station http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mbs/ab...fsbdev7_001660 . There is a lot of nice scenery in the Snoqualmie Valley,so go enjoy it.
Thank you for the compliment! I've historically been interested in modifying cars and making them go faster and handle better. I must say, that I'm having a blast Jeepin'!

As far as that map is concerned, it looks like it's from 2009. Do you know if this is still current, or have they expanded the no shooting zone since that doc was published?
PhaQGM is offline  
post #779 of 1257 Old 11-05-2012, 07:15 PM
wetfootnw
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bellevue
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaQGM View Post
Finally got my lift installed, and my Bushwacker flares arrived. She's now 4 inches taller, and has a new set of shoes! I made a trip out to Fortune creek this weekend to test out the new setup. I must say, I'm very please with it so far! Now to get those discos installed!

Here are a few pics from this Saturday!
Good times! Wish I didnt have to leave early. Look's like you did a bit more after I left.
wetfootnw is offline  
post #780 of 1257 Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 PM
papisjeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: tacoma
Posts: 4
new to the forum not new to jeeps just saying hi
papisjeep is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
north idaho people check in trailridin4x4x4 Idaho Jeep Forum 38 01-01-2016 08:16 AM
Oregon people check in McLovin Oregon Jeep Forum 1125 08-13-2015 06:18 PM
Pacific Northwest people check in! RLx02 North West USA 1899 04-17-2011 01:20 PM
spokane people check in green_jeep93 Washington Jeep Forum 397 02-20-2011 10:55 AM
Tacoma area people check in!! iraqsucks Washington Jeep Forum 56 12-20-2009 05:28 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome