Toys for Tots Washington State? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Toys for Tots Washington State?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
L&R Jeeper

Toys for Tots Washington State?

Hello all-

Well, I see alot of clubs participating in this, either motorcycles, Imports, etc. I was thinking (Oh-Oh Watch out!) since we have good connections here and on other forums to get wheelers together. We should set up something for the Toys for Tots? And it doesn't have to be a trail run..although....I did see that one of the toy drop off (The only one was close to a trail) is in belfair and Tahuya is just down the way.

So, here is a thread for those who would be interested in setting something up? Not sure if the 4x4 community here in Washingon State already has something set up? I haven't come across anything yet.

All I know is volunteers will be needed to get it started. Once that is established we can gather all the information we'll need to get it going.

Website link: http://www.toysfortots.org/

What do you all think?

Unread 10-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
RavenCorax
1988 XJ Cherokee 

ive been involved in this for a few years on and off. last few times ive done this it started in federal way on I 5 and 272nd park and ride.like exit 148 ish. it goes down to the olympia izzy's past few years the rx7, camaro, vw,and especially srt-4 were all there had well over 150 cars. was lots fo fun lots of good people. gave the toys to the marines at izzy's had some lunch. was a great day. and ya and you get a cool sticker

ill call up my bro hes been more involved in it then i have been see what the www.rx7club.com has to say about it kettleman is usually the moderator for the activities.
Unread 10-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
L&R Jeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenCorax View Post
ive been involved in this for a few years on and off. last few times ive done this it started in federal way on I 5 and 272nd park and ride.like exit 148 ish. it goes down to the olympia izzy's past few years the rx7, camaro, vw,and especially srt-4 were all there had well over 150 cars. was lots fo fun lots of good people. gave the toys to the marines at izzy's had some lunch. was a great day. and ya and you get a cool sticker

ill call up my bro hes been more involved in it then i have been see what the www.rx7club.com has to say about it kettleman is usually the moderator for the activities.
A friend told me about that one that meets in Federal Way. But, isn't that mainly for cars? Didn't see many 4x4's at all.

Unread 10-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Our club did one lst year, and will probably do one this year too. It wasnt as much fun as your idea though, we jut brought toys to a meeting and one of the members just droped them off.
Unread 10-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
L&R Jeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood View Post
Our club did one lst year, and will probably do one this year too. It wasnt as much fun as your idea though, we jut brought toys to a meeting and one of the members just droped them off.

Yeah, I was thinking of meeting somewhere local then caravan down to the toy drop off in Belfair? Then people who just want to meet and not wheel can do so in the staging area and those who want to wheel can go on the trails. Maybe setup some food, drinks, etc.? Just an idea…. Tahuya would be a ideal place because, stock rigs can go have some fun also. .

Overall we'll be putting smiles on Children’s faces that are less fortunate

*The above meeting spot is just an idea, just trying to make it fun while we do it. Any place would really work the main concern would be getting toys donated for the kids.
Unread 10-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Cool so long as there's a trail run involved Im in

Depending on the date of course
Unread 10-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #7
PepCsLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&R Jeeper View Post
Hello all-

Well, I see alot of clubs participating in this, either motorcycles, Imports, etc. I was thinking (Oh-Oh Watch out!) since we have good connections here and on other forums to get wheelers together. We should set up something for the Toys for Tots? And it doesn't have to be a trail run..although....I did see that one of the toy drop off (The only one was close to a trail) is in belfair and Tahuya is just down the way.

So, here is a thread for those who would be interested in setting something up? Not sure if the 4x4 community here in Washingon State already has something set up? I haven't come across anything yet.

All I know is volunteers will be needed to get it started. Once that is established we can gather all the information we'll need to get it going.

Website link: http://www.toysfortots.org/

What do you all think?

It's a great idea. I also haven't attended two of these events in the past going from the Federal Way Park and Ride, could have been over 300 cars if I was going to guess.
PepCsLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 01:15 AM   #8
L&R Jeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood View Post
Cool so long as there's a trail run involved Im in

Depending on the date of course

Thinking sometime in November or December?
Unread 10-25-2008, 07:35 AM   #9
PepCsLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&R Jeeper View Post
Thinking sometime in November or December?
December 6th is the date of the official Toys For Tots run I believe
PepCsLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 09:32 AM   #10
L&R Jeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepCs X View Post
December 6th is the date of the official Toys For Tots run I believe
I was thinking we can setup a run that is separate from that one. From the looks of that run, it's mostly for cars and not to many 4x4's. I heard that this year they are suppose to run from the Federal Way Park & Ride to the Pacific Race Way, don't think my Heep is gonna do any good on the race track

Here's what I was thinking and keep in mind this is not written in stone and has room for changes:
  1. First this would be a "Non-profit function"
  2. Open to all 4x4's clubs and individuals not involved in a club or organization
  3. Meet at a central spot
  4. Caravan down to a toy drop off point (Rigs must be street legal or you can tow them)
  5. Drop off point would be near a 4x4 trail that has room for trailers and is friendly to all levels of wheelers
  6. Trail should have an area where people that are not interested to wheel can gather for a meet & greet.
  7. Maybe for lunch setup at the staging area food, drinks and so forth
  8. Get volunteers together to form a committee that can make guidelines for the run, check for local laws and with DNR or proper authorities for rules on oranizing a non profit function at the trail area.
  9. Check for sponsers

But, all ideas are welcome from everyone...
Unread 10-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #11
Braincell

Count us in let us what we can do to help, and I am always down for cooking, grilling
Braincell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #12
iownaniroc
1978 CJ7 

Sounds like a great idea! I'll take that off of work. Anything to benefit the kids. Lets get this planned and happenin. My CJ would love to be there We shall call it, "Delivering toys in your toy"
iownaniroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 09:33 AM   #13
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If your looking into Tahuya, you might want to give this club a call

http://home.comcast.net/~quadrapaws/
Quadrapaws Four Wheel Drive Club
PO Box 2133
Silverdale, WA 98383
Phone: 360 362-4131

They are the club that maintains that system and have good relations with the dnr up there. They also put on a few events up there.
Unread 10-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #14
snstj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like alot of fun for a good cause. Count us in.
Sharon
snstj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #15
cmyjeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

you can count us in as well
cmyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.