Tire size calibration - help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Tire size calibration - help

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Xwd
2012 JK Wrangler 

Jk Tire size calibration - help

I've put a set of 31's on the Jeep and the speedo is off. It's a 2009 JK X.

What's the best option to recalibrate the speedo? I understand it requires a flash to the ECU. I'm sure the dealer will charge an arm and a leg, plus tax, and all the DIY programmer tools I've seen (Hypertech, etc) are $300+

Is there any less-expensive way to do this? Does anyone have a flash tool that would let me borrow it for 20 minutes in return for a case or two of your favorite beer? lol

Xwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Xwd
2012 JK Wrangler 

No worries. Found a hypertech unit for $100 through Craigslist. Quite a good find as I was able to reprogram tire size and also put in the hypertech tune.
Xwd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.