tahuya trail map? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > tahuya trail map?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
buZZBomb_
1988 YJ Wrangler 

tahuya trail map?

got one? or at least tell me where those tank traps are.ive seen pics,looks crapin awsome. iv been around the loop before.maybe ill tag along with anybody willing 3/7.also any recent pics,or conditions update?

Unread 03-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
hifiguy7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The quikest way to the tank traps is to on the right hand trail as you enter the main 4x4 entrance off of Elfendahl pass road. Here is a link to a slightly older trail map: http://www.nwjeepn.com/Maps/Tahuya.pdf There are a lot of new trails.

Have a good time. You will need a lot of lift and if you don't have lockers you will need someone pushing or jumping on your bumper!!
dscn0818.jpg  
hifiguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
buZZBomb_
1988 YJ Wrangler 

thanks dude im locked up,out the door in a few.thats a good shot of your rig.
Unread 03-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
Grindahl

I did them last weekend in a stock TJ without help... But I bottomed out on each one...
Grindahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Me too. (two weeks ago) 32's with no lift and I sailed right through. I got to say that it was relatively dry, though there were some monster puddles. I didn't attempt mud lake...just played in the surrounding dunes.

The only incident for us was pulling out the "Enforcement Officers" from the Department of Natural Resources'. They got their Cherokee hung up on some tree roots...in exchange for pulling them out they gave us a guided tour of the trail system...our first time there. During that ride he fined a guy we came across that was wheelin' off the main trail...

There was one big hill climb/decent (depending on which way you're going) that didn't look doable for me so I wussed out...the enforcement officer later said that hill was supposed to be closed, but there were no signs saying that.

Also, the Department of Natural Resources has maps of Tahuya that they give out. In fact, the enforcement officers work that trail all week long and they have the maps with them and will gladly give you one...
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Map's can be found on this web site

http://home.comcast.net/~quadrapaws/
Unread 03-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
buZZBomb_
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
Me too. (two weeks ago) 32's with no lift and I sailed right through. I got to say that it was relatively dry, though there were some monster puddles. I didn't attempt mud lake...just played in the surrounding dunes.

The only incident for us was pulling out the "Enforcement Officers" from the Department of Natural Resources'. They got their Cherokee hung up on some tree roots...in exchange for pulling them out they gave us a guided tour of the trail system...our first time there. During that ride he fined a guy we came across that was wheelin' off the main trail...

There was one big hill climb/decent (depending on which way you're going) that didn't look doable for me so I wussed out...the enforcement officer later said that hill was supposed to be closed, but there were no signs saying that.

Also, the Department of Natural Resources has maps of Tahuya that they give out. In fact, the enforcement officers work that trail all week long and they have the maps with them and will gladly give you one...
nice, my wife just hired on with WA state natural res.i got the hook up on trail maps i guess.woo hoo!

Last edited by buZZBomb_; 03-10-2009 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: state not king county,thanks hun
buZZBomb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #8
buZZBomb_
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood View Post
Map's can be found on this web site

http://home.comcast.net/~quadrapaws/
thanks wood,ive read that link for an hour now and my head is full and my *** is numb.na man thanks for the link.hope to catch up with you guys some time.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.