spokane people check in - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > spokane people check in

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 06-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #16
CaribouLouWJ
2007 WK 

I'll be living 50/50 between Spokane and Kittitas, so I'll be around.

2001.5 B5S4 500awhp gutted track car
2002 WJ Limited
4.7 HO, 6.5" LA, 37's, JK 44's SOLD
CaribouLouWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #17
CaribouLouWJ
2007 WK 

I'm here now! Jeep will be here in about a month
2002 WJ Limited
Unread 06-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #18
paulp575
2007 JK Wrangler 

Jk Re: spokane people check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouLouWJ View Post
Great!
However, being Jeepless sucks.
But since it's coming, I guess that helps a bit.
=====================
Spokane WA
=========
Member of:
North Idaho Trail Blazers (NITB): http://www.nitrailblazers.org/
Washington Off-Highway Vehicle Alliance: http://www.wohva.org
EA WA ATV Association: http://www.ewatv.org/
paulp575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2009, 06:24 AM   #19
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

How has the weather been over there lately?
BlackhawkJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #20
paulp575
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias2k8 View Post
How has the weather been over there lately?
Kind a mixed bag.

Temps have been anywhere from daily highs of mid-60s to mid 80s with nighttime lows anywhere from the mid-40s to mid-50s.

Unfortunately we are falling behind on our rainfall (again!). That's not to say you won't get wet. Friday afternoon one isolated t-storm dumped almost 2 inches of rain near Cheney (20 miles SW of Spokane). If you get under one of these slow movers, you will get wet!

Before we got into this latest weather change, we had 24 days with no rain (a spring-time record!).

So it's a little bit of everything, and sometimes all in one day!

But overall on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give the overall weather a 9 or maybe even almost 10!

For example, today (Sunday) it started out kind of gloomy looking with sprinkles. But right now it's party cloudy/sunny and nice and warm around the mid 70s.
=====================
Spokane WA
=========
Member of:
Unread 06-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #21
CaribouLouWJ
2007 WK 

I was in Kittitas yesterday, and got pounded by a random Tstorm. Musta rained 3" in about 10 minutes.
2002 WJ Limited
Unread 06-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #22
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ya we just got downpoured on... bad thunderstorm here in england...actually had a funnel cloud above the base...kinda scary for some ppl i was out side on the porch watching the storm... It finally stopped after about an hour....waster was pretty high.....where i parked my jeep there was about a foot of water from rear to front tire lol...everyone was watching me try and figure out how to get in the jeep...i just ended up climbing up the hood on the top and laid down, opend the door and climbed right in lol....i then went off base to hit every mud puddle i could find lol. There is this part of road near the base that dips down and these kids were standing next to it in their reflective rain gear trying to get splashed by cars going by...well every car was slowing down and i wasnt about to put a damper on their fun...went passed them through the water at about 20 mph....they were just coverd by the waves..they were all jumping and cheering as i kept goin along lol. Can't wait to get to WA. Just ordered my 2.5 lift from RC and ordered my 15s for my 35s ill be getting soon. Can't wait to meet all you guys and see your jeeps!
Unread 06-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #23
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Appreciate the info
Unread 06-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #24
paulp575
2007 JK Wrangler 

Jk Re: Spokane People Check In

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribouLouWJ View Post
Keep me posted on when your Jeep arrives.
There may be a need for a lot of 4x4s on Saturday, July 25th at the 7 Mile ORV Area here in Spokane.

The North Idaho Trail Blazers (NITB) are working on putting on a 4x4 day for the "Wheelers for the Wounded" program. I'll have more information after the NITB meeting on Wed, July 1st.

If you want to attend their meeting (held at Cabela's), let me know in advance.

Thanks,

Paul

PS. E-mail me your e-mail address so I can add it to my 4x4 contact list!

Also, check out my "Inland Empire Calendar of 4x4 Events" here:

http://www.dog-walker.us/4x4Calendar/plans.cgi

I try to post everything going on in eastern WA and northern ID, but don't always get it posted.

The NITB are very active, not only in off-roading, but working with the USFS in keeping access to the trails in the Idaho Panhandle National Forest.

In fact, sometime in the middle of July, we'll be doing some trail clearing on the BLM (?) trails.
=====================
Spokane WA
=========
Member of:
Unread 06-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #25
CaribouLouWJ
2007 WK 

Even if the Jeep isn't there, I'll be there (assuming I'm in town) with my Super Duty.
2002 WJ Limited
Unread 06-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #26
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

What do you guys have planned for the weekend? Anything Interesting??? I put on my rugged ridge light guards, rugged ridge floormats, ordered my RC 2.5 lift and a break relocation kit. Next paycheck some cragar soft 8s for my 35" baja claws, maybe a JKS quick disconnect and a longer rear trac bar. Well see how my bank account is doing before the purchases lol.
Unread 06-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #27
paulp575
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
What do you guys have planned for the weekend? Anything Interesting??? I put on my rugged ridge light guards, rugged ridge floormats, ordered my RC 2.5 lift and a break relocation kit. Next paycheck some cragar soft 8s for my 35" baja claws, maybe a JKS quick disconnect and a longer rear trac bar. Well see how my bank account is doing before the purchases lol.
Well let's see --

On Saturday, I'll be down in St. John working at the sprint boat races (and may have a line on getting a ride in one!). This is one of the many activities the North Idaho Trail Blazers (NITB) do each year - actually we do this twice a year; next on will be Sat, Aug 29th). We put the boats in the slough and take them out at the end of their run. It's a lot of fun driving around the pits and sitting in your rig all day long enjoying the racing! And we get a free t-shirt for doing it.

Depending upon how things go, I should have an empty passenger seat for the Aug 29th races if anyone wants to ride along!

The NITB prefers members only to participate, but the biggest drawback is you are required to have a front hitch receiver on your rig. It's kind of weird doing this with the trailer attached to the front of your rig! I've towed too many boats/jet skis to remember, but they always seems to be behind me - not in front of me
=====================
Spokane WA
=========
Member of:
Unread 06-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #28
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like a lot of fun paul! Definately wish I could be there. UPDATE on the orders. I should be there early October now. Going to take leave en route to visit the g/f and family. What's the weather like that time of the season. I am going to be driving my jeep from Illinios to Washington...that should be fun.
Unread 06-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #29
paulp575
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Just ordered my 2.5 lift from RC and ordered my 15s for my 35s ill be getting soon. Can't wait to meet all you guys and see your jeeps!
OK, I'm jealous!!!!

Right now my 07 Rubi is basically stock - except for the front and engine/transmission skid plate.

I'm thinking about next spring replacing my front bumper with the Rugged Ridge XHD Modular bumper. The only question I've got is whether the MOPAR stock front skid plate will fit. If the only fitment problem is location of the skid plate mounting holes, I'll drill the new bumper in order to save $150 or so!

The next mod will be the 2.5" Terraflex Budget Boost.
Then I'll spring for a new rear bumper so I can eventually get some 35" tires.

Then I'm done!!!! (I know, when you own a Jeep, you're never done, but on my fixed income, I have to budget out my costs.)

I was greatly encouraged today when I stopped by my friend who works at a tire discounter. He said the tires I am considering in the future should cost around $265 each, but if I stay with the current tire size of 17", the new tires should fit with no problems, other than the occasionally rubbing at extreme flex.

Quote:
UPDATE on the orders. I should be there early October now. Going to take leave en route to visit the g/f and family. What's the weather like that time of the season.
I;'ve now been here almost 5 years and October can be anything from summer-like to winter-like! There's just no way of knowing ahead of time. Even with the last two extreme winters, they didn't really amount to much until December, so October you should be okay.

Quote:
I am going to be driving my jeep from Illinios to Washington...that should be fun.
Where in Illinois (I'm from Milwaukee).

Which route do you plan on taking from IL?

There are pretty much 2 different routes:

(1) The north route which goes through Minneapolis and Fargo ND. Not so sure I'd want to take that, but that should depend on the weather forecast. From Fargo westward it's pretty desolate until you get close to eastern Montana. THen you get into the mountains.

(2) The south route is a bit further southward and I think it goes through Wyoming. Again your route would be dependent on what, if anything, is coming down from Canada - like snow!!!! Even though both are interstate routes, they do clost the interstates when conditions get bad enough.
And if you come across on either I-90 or I-94, you have to go thru the mountains in western MT and northern ID. Those are mountain passes!

Keep me posted!

If you end up coming across on I-90 or I-94, you'll come through Spokane. At least stop by and say hi!!!!
=====================
Spokane WA
=========
Member of:
Unread 06-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #30
BlackhawkJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Paul I am from Morris, IL. Small farm town off I80. Near joliet. I will be taking the directions my garmin tells me to. But if you don't mind when it comes closer to me leaving I will snag your address and just program it in at it will take me all the way there to spokane then i can just reprogram from your place. Just to warn you the jeep wont be pretty after driving all that way. How many days do you recommend i plan in advance to get there. I dont want to drive too long at night....im horrrible behind the wheel at night...even with the manual i get tired easily. I would like drive 12 sleep then 12 more hours but thats easier said then done. And since I am doing this drive and recently i had an offer made to me for 5 rubi take offs for 300 + shipping. only 1500 miles on em. I canceld the wheel order and i found a buyer for the 35s. I don't think I am ready for 35s just yet...first NEW vehicle...35s would make me cocky...and possibly lead to me breaking my DD. im gonna use the rubi take offs till they wear out then get the 35s and regear as well. And yes paul you need to mod that jeep! I am getting the same bumper that you want...i love that bumper and the price is good. As for the weather...ill just tune in the day i leave prolly jeans and tshirt with a jacket in the cab.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.