Seattle: Looking for recommendation for transmission service in seattle area (AX15) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Seattle: Looking for recommendation for transmission service in seattle area (AX15)

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
ryamkajr

Yj Seattle: Looking for recommendation for transmission service in seattle area (AX15)

Hi all. New poster here.

I have an AX-15 that I had removed from my 1993 YJ a few years ago and want to get it serviced/replaced. I had it professionally removed and was told at the time it was the 1 & 5 gears that were worn down, and that is all.

Needless to say work got in the way and the vehicle has sat idle a few years, but I want to get the Jeep back up and running.

My primary interest is in having someone look at the tranny and either perform the rebuild or give me good analysis of the quality of the parts and help me identify parts kits so I can do the rebuild myself. Depending on price, I may have tehm do the rebuild.

I plan on reinstalling the tranny myself, but depending on how I feel about the service place, I may let them do it as well.

Any recommendations for places in the greater Seattle metro area?

Thanks,

- Ray Yamka
ryamkajr @ hotmail . com

ryamkajr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
ryamkajr

Bumping the thread one time before I let it die.
ryamkajr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
lil'jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Try "Superior" on East Marginal Way.
Good friend had his done. Good price, loves the performance.

USN Jeep Club #171
White Jeep Club #168
lil'jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.