Reputable 4x4 Shops near Seattle? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Reputable 4x4 Shops near Seattle?

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
jamesonw23

Reputable 4x4 Shops near Seattle?

Alright so I am pretty new to the whole Jeep scene. I am planning on picking up an XJ soon (97-01) and recently found a 2000 with around 80k. I am looking into it and will hopefully be getting it soon. Basically, I have checked many other threads and not found my answer, so I apologize for sounding like a noob. I am looking for recommendations on a good 4x4 place near Kent/Seattle/Auburn areas and surrounding. This XJ I am looking at is completely stock and has been driven by an older lady mostly all of its life. I am thinking I would like to do a 4.5" RE lift with 32's, and only a front locker. I am getting mixed reviews on whether or not I should mod my driveline so any input would be greatly appreciated. Maybe you guys could tell me of a good shop or give me a quote on about how much you think I'm looking at. I am basically looking for good quality with a decent price. I don't want to jimmy rig anything so I have to come back later and fix it. I just want to do it right. This Jeep will be a daily so I am also trying to factor in gas mileage. Please, any input would help a lot. Thanks guys. -James

jamesonw23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You might want to check out Cascade Offroad in South Hill/Puyallup.

If you shop around online you can find the RE 4.5" kit for just over $1000, or just under if you get the add-a-leaf version (Jeepinoutfitters.com has it for $1049 and free shipping). Tires will vary but you're looking at roughly $600~$700 for a new set of four 32's. A locker will vary by brand as well, bit likely at least $400. Don't forget shocks...probably another $300 there. So just in parts alone with no labor you're looking at $2300 minimum; probably $3000+ if you pay someone to do everything. At least consider doing the lift yourself if you can, they are pretty straightforward if you have basic hand tools. Or just ask around here, there's lots of people that might be willing to help.
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Check out Auburn Car Repair, they are very good at XJ's, they have a couple of built ones and do any type of work on them.

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

George The Jeep would be another good resource as would Eagle Racing. Both are in the Covington area (east of Kent).

Some disclosure, George Steel are members of my Jeep club. He runs a parts business and has access and good knowledge of Cherokees as well as many other Jeeps.
Unread 12-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
geetch
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Auburn auto repair and off road...just north of the racetrack...

I'll get the link...

Eta: Welcome to the shop...

John is the boss, knows xj's and jeeps in general....I won't hesitate to take my rig there or send a friend in...
geetch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #6
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Any recommendations for shops up further north? Specifically in/near Everett?
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

x3 for auburn car repair and off road, ive had my zj in there a few times, i definately see more xj's in and outa there then anything.
Unread 01-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
rootin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

olympic 4x4 in snohomish, full service shop and a yard full of salvaged jeeps
rootin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #9
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

I've had a lot of success with Eastside Custom Truck, but that was a few years ago when they were in Kirkland. They have moved to Duvall and I haven't been to the new shop.
Unread 01-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #10
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

I used to go to Eastside Custom Truck when it was in Kirkland, but when they moved, they got rid of the shop part and now are only a store. They don't do service.

I'll probably try Olympic 4x4.
Unread 01-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

x4 for ACRO. They know theyre stuff.
keaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Had Olympic 4x4 do some work for me. They seemed like nice and knowledgeable people. Kind of pretentious though, I got a very strange vibe that they all thought they were high and mighty for some reason. Everyone I talked to was pretty arrogant when I first got there.

They did good work though, except for when they reattached my rear left shock. They attached the upper mount into m sway bar mounting hole. Not sure how they didn't notice it didn't even come close to fitting. Then whoever test drove it didn't realize that the rear suspension had no up travel. The back axle caught some air on the first bump after pulling out of the shop parking lot. I got out to inspect and it was pretty obvious what the problem was, I should've taken a picture of it though.

Anyway, I went back and had them fix it, they were pretty apologetic, but everyone seemed to be throwing the blame around, no one would own up to messing up. I got "We're so sorry, I have no idea who could have done that" from 3 or 4 different people. They did take care of it pretty quickly, so I'm happy about that.

After I talked to them for a while and they realized I knew what I was talking about, they seemed to open up a little bit and drop the "holier than thou" attitude. They are smart people and I'll definitely be going back there when I need the help. I'd say it started off as a poor experience, but it turned into a great one. As weird as it sounds, them messing up the shock let me get the chance to talk and joke with them for a while which greatly improved my time there.
Unread 01-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #13
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWalnut13 View Post
Kind of pretentious though, I got a very strange vibe that they all thought they were high and mighty for some reason. Everyone I talked to was pretty arrogant when I first got there.
I hate that kinda crap when i go to a shop. Gettin treated like some idiot who doesnt know anything just cause im 20. Thats one reason i like goin to John over at Auburn car repair. Hes a nice guy and doesnt give off the "im better then you and know more" vibe lol.
keaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.