REITER TRAILS MAPPING FINISHED - Help Please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > REITER TRAILS MAPPING FINISHED - Help Please

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-13-2008, 12:31 AM   #1
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

REITER TRAILS MAPPING FINISHED - Help Please

Hello all,

After several months of logging trails with the GPS receiver this weekend I'm going to say I've finished mapping the trails as best I could and as complete as I could. FYI, there is a total of almost 16 miles of 4x4 trails at Reiter.

Right now, I need help verifying some trail names and to make sure I haven't missed anything. E-mail knowledgable people to have them weight in here, if you could. Because once we finish with the public review / critque process I'll import the base trail map into Photoshop and edit it up nice and pretty before doing a final compilation. At that point it becomes a PITA to go back and change things. So please voice any comments here and get anyone else you know to take a look, too.

Don't bother downloading this map version as it's not the final one. The final map will be in a PDF format and posted in a couple weeks.

Please see below for a list keyed into the map numbers and some explanation. For now, this is what is available:

Map Key

1 - Lake Isabel Trail
2a - Powerline Trail - Lower
2b - Powerline Trail - Upper
2c - Powerline Trail - South
3 - Freeride
4 - Weed Out Trail Network
5 - Sac Up
6 - Rhinoland
7 - Rock Garden
8 - Hillside Roadgrade Trail
9 - Cable Trail
10a - Woodland Roadgrade Loop
10b - Woodland Roadgrade Spur
11 - Worm's Butt
12 - Edge Loop Trail
13 - Backside Trail
14 - (unlisted, noted at 10b)
15 - Index Wall Trail
16 - Tree Trail
17 - Grumpy's Trail

Specific Trail Notes

2ab & c - Powerline Trail - While this is the spine of Reiter Trails it's broken into three main segments that I'm referring to as Upper, Lower, and South. The South segment truly is separate from the main line so if anyone has a better name for it let me know.

4 - Weed Out Trail Network - For a map that will be published and available to all, I'm thinking it'd be good to pare out the profanity so I'm proposing to call this the "Weed Out Trail Network" or simply "Weed Out". Any issue with this?

8 - Hillside Roadgrade Trail - This is a deteriorating gravel road grade that is no longer being maintained as a "road". As such, I suggest we give it a trail name as it will deteriorate into one before long. And specifically, hillside because it's on the side of Powerline that has the big hill (mountain) to the north. Still, adding "roadgrade" to the name I think makes it obvious of its origins and current status.

10a & b - Woodland Roadgrade Trails - Similar to 8, this is a deteriorating, unmainted former gravel road. As time goes on and as it is continually neglected it's going to turn into an actual trail overtime so I figured might as well name it.

11 - Worm's Butt - I couldn't find "the" Worm's Butt trail, at least as indicated in the original map. It looks like it cuts across Reiter Pond which to me seems to be a substantial body of water. Plus there are lots of signs and fencing at the edge of this trail (11 on map above) saying keep out of the pond area. So . . . I'm sticking the name on this trail. I did walk around a bit and there's another trail that breaks to the other side of the pond but it look like it hasn't been traveled in a while. Lots of vegetation is overgrowing it. Any objections to sticking the name "Worm's Butt" on the #11 trail on the map above?

12 - Edge Loop Trail - Last time I posted a map, no one knew this trail existed so I'm proposing this name. Honestly, if someone has something better great, I'm tired and not being very creative right now.

13 - Backside Trail - This is a relatively short trail right on the backside of Reiter. As yet nobody seems to have realized it's a Jeep trail and nobody had a name for it last time I posted. Again, if anyone has a better name, great.

Not Listed / Not Mapped

BYS - With the snow on the ground I couldn't find the start of this trail. I understand that even in good conditions it can be difficult to find. Unless someone wants to accurately draw it on this map and post it / e-mail it to me I'll add it to a Version 2 sometime later.

SOL - I understand this branches off BYS so, if I couldn't find BYS, I wasn't going to find SOL.

Unread 01-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
L&R Jeeper

Tj

Lupinsea-

That is alot of work you did and thanks for sharing! if you need someone that is knowledgeable of Reiters trails check here:

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/index.php

Ask for crash, from what I hear he is the one that knows that area very well.

Nice job on the mapping!
Unread 01-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&R Jeeper
Lupinsea-

That is alot of work you did and thanks for sharing! if you need someone that is knowledgeable of Reiters trails check here:

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/index.php

Ask for crash, from what I hear he is the one that knows that area very well.

Nice job on the mapping!

KarlVP does ALOT there also. There both in the RTW they will help you out for sure. I think Karlvp will be alot easer to get a hold of via PM
Unread 01-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've been in contact with RTW (ReiterTrailWatch.org) and posted the map over there but that forum sees so little traffic it might take a while. Thought I'd post it here, too, for more comment.
Unread 01-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Have you tryed to post it on the nw-wheelers forum I'm sure you'll get a large response there
Unread 01-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I was hoping to NOT sign up on another forum. I have enough already.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.