Reiter pit monroe 9/19/09 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Reiter pit monroe 9/19/09

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 09-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
ZJJAMES
1996 ZJ 

Reiter pit monroe 9/19/09

I am heading out to reiter today i will be leaving kirkland at about 2 to go out there

Last edited by ZJJAMES; 09-20-2009 at 05:01 PM..
ZJJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

**** man I went up to walkers valley today. I wish I would have seen this post. I would have headed up there with you. I would love to go out with a couple other vehicles. Shoot me a pm next time you go out or I will look out for your posts.
rs4race is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Went up there (Reiter) on Sunday. Followed a stock Fj that slipped on an up hill trail/road. He slid backwards and came to rest on his gas tank skid plate on one of two really big rocks. The other rock was destined to take out his rear pumpkin if he slid another inch or two...

Pulling him out would have resulted in serious damage to his undercarriage and/or rear dif/axel so I figured I'd go around him and pull him free. However, I too slipped while trying to get around him. Came to rest with the drivers rear on a large hump, the pasenger side on the downhill and my drivers front about 3' in the air. The Fj guys came running down and held on to my front bumper to keep us from rolling...After about five minutes of butt puckering I was able to free myself from the situation and began to conjure up a plan "B"...

Ended up rigging my snatch block to a tree about 30' in front of the Fj. My Jeep was about 20' behind his Fj. I was able to free him and pull him forward enough that he could navigate around the two large rocks behind him. I left the winch/cable & rigging connected so we could control his decent. It worked, and, outside of a winch cable scratch on his rear quater panel and a customized (by the rocks) gas tank skid plate he was able to drive off the mountain safe & sound.

All in all, in my opinion Reiter wasn't as much fun as Evans Creek. Shoot, Tahuya was better, too. Maybe I/we didn't get to the right areas of Reiter. Maybe next time...

And to all those that don't have a winch or recovery gear I would encourage you to do so before you expose others to the danger of injury or damaging their rig & equipment to get your sorry butt out...
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

go to Reitertrailwatch.com

I was across the river at my cabin (no net access unless I drive to the railway crossing)
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Reiter has some easy stuff but it also has some really hard stuff. Not all that much in between.

For a map go to my website and download it here.

Spent about 80 hours GPS mapping and designing the map. Print it out doubled sided at a Kinkos or Office Depot for ~$2 and another ~$2 to get it laminated for durability.

The only thing is the Lake Isabel Trail is closed on the other side of May Creek by the WA State DNR as well as the Index Wall Trail on the other side of Deer Creek.
Unread 09-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

even with those trails closed are there still alot of trails to run on?
rs4race is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #7
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, there are plenty of trails left to explore.

There is the rock garden (think rock crawling on slimy, mud and moss covered boulders the size of cars set in the forest). And the Rhinoland trail is really challenging. Plus lots of cool segments to check out, rock wall climbs, hill climbs, the three-step obstacle . . . lots of stuff.

It's worth it still to go up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.