recommend any custom fabricators in western wa? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > recommend any custom fabricators in western wa?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
QuahDraTech
1996 ZJ 

recommend any custom fabricators in western wa?

Need a solution to get my spare + jack out of the vehicle. Been pricing out and comparing many many roof baskets. Been so hesitant to pull the trigger and shell out the $700+bucks most of them would cost.

Was thinking I could pay someone with skills to fab me a custom one.

For now my needs are simple:
1.) Want to mount my spare
2.) Would like to be able to mount/lock my Hi-Lift too when i go out and about

Anyone know who could do this for me?
And a ballpark amount I could expect to pay for this work?

Unread 11-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #2
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

stainless brain fabrication hands down.

Fair prices.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/broke-students-jeep-build-1264853/"]YJ BUILD THREAD/[/URL]
branjmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
yelset

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by branjmb View Post
stainless brain fabrication hands down.

Fair prices.
X2, Rob is a good guy, too. Here is a picture of some of his welding.
Unread 11-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #4
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelset View Post
X2, Rob is a good guy, too. Here is a picture of some of his welding.

i gotta meet you and your jeep out wheeling sometime! good to see someone from the area on here!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/broke-students-jeep-build-1264853/"]YJ BUILD THREAD/[/URL]
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
QuahDraTech
1996 ZJ 

Cool thanks for the tip on stainless brain. nice welds, it's like the seam on a pair of jeans! I'll contact them and see i can get something worked out. Eager to free up the cargo area since I'm almost done building a computer for the jeep... a "jeeputer". Need to start doing some installation of the electronics and wiring.

I'm hoping to be one of the first to have Windows 8 in my jeep. I written some software and apps for Windows 8 to interface with some electronic control modules. Can interface with Relays and all that jazz. So far my proof of concept is working good. I have an inclinometer that I can read from, and it maps the grade/pitch incline percentage of the jeep and displays it on the screen. Also have video cameras working for "suspension cams", along with time-lapse video recording synced with GPS to help "drive and map" a trail automatically. That could help get back on track if you get lost in the woods. Will be neat to use a touchscreen in the dash to turn on lights, control my music, etc.

Always looking for crazy ideas to add into my software. The sky's the limit. So throw them at me if anyone can think of something useful.
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
yelset

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuahDraTech View Post
Cool thanks for the tip on stainless brain. nice welds, it's like the seam on a pair of jeans! I'll contact them and see i can get something worked out. Eager to free up the cargo area since I'm almost done building a computer for the jeep... a "jeeputer". Need to start doing some installation of the electronics and wiring.

I'm hoping to be one of the first to have Windows 8 in my jeep. I written some software and apps for Windows 8 to interface with some electronic control modules. Can interface with Relays and all that jazz. So far my proof of concept is working good. I have an inclinometer that I can read from, and it maps the grade/pitch incline percentage of the jeep and displays it on the screen. Also have video cameras working for "suspension cams", along with time-lapse video recording synced with GPS to help "drive and map" a trail automatically. That could help get back on track if you get lost in the woods. Will be neat to use a touchscreen in the dash to turn on lights, control my music, etc.

Always looking for crazy ideas to add into my software. The sky's the limit. So throw them at me if anyone can think of something useful.
Sounds cool, if you need another test Jeep, mine could be available.
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuahDraTech View Post

other than the windows 8 part that's what I would love to do to.... I'd probably hack one of the netbooks with Mac OSX or iPad (that'd be harder) though

Nothin' but Apple in my Heep

haha great idea! definitely unique

Unread 11-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Jeremylerv
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've done a few racks for XJ's so a ZJ wouldn't be difficult.

I'm located in Eastern Wa over by wenatchee

PM if your interested.
(o)_)____(o)_)--o)_)
Jeremylerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 08:24 AM   #9
jgotmud
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I would be willing to let my rack go $500.00. with all the lites. My rack has a spot for a shovel, axe, and high lift and can still hold a two 33" tires. I will try and get a pic posted.
Unread 12-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #10
deanmit
1999 WJ 

If you are willing to buy the material and drive down to Puyallup, I would be willing to give you a hand. Haven't built a rack before, but have built bumpers. I also want to build a rack for my WJ, so why not...
deanmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #11
QuahDraTech
1996 ZJ 

Thanks all for the recommendations and offers. I'm going to measure some height clearance when I get back to WA from FL this weekend. Some parking garages might be close to scraping after I upgrade to 33's this winter. Sometimes I have to park in them for off site work meetings etc. The lowest one I've been in was 6' 8''

If the rack is low profile enough I can get in most of them I'm sure.
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This guys is worthy; Dean at Bent Metal Customs here in Puyallup; http://www.bentmetalcustoms.net/
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #13
CRD_Joe
2005 KJ Liberty 

Tim Lund. South of Olympia Wild West Offroad Fabrication!
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:44 AM   #14
Endoverend47
1981 CJ7 

I'm going to be the third to recommend Stainless Brain Fab. www.stainlessbrainfab.com
I'm good friends with rob (owner) he does top notch work.
Endoverend47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.