Question for the jeepers in Washington - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Question for the jeepers in Washington

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-13-2011, 03:07 AM   #1
LiftedJeep90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Question for the jeepers in Washington

yall can delete this now lol

LiftedJeep90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #2
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

fix the gas tank and front end like you said, unless you can sell it the way it is, then get a ZJ or WJ.
Unread 03-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
LiftedJeep90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Not sure it will sell like that so im gunna have my buddy do it at his autoshop, Im Diggen the ZJ more, more room inside also
Unread 03-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
808Defender
2000 WJ 

Ill buy the roof rack/lights let me know!
Unread 03-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I hate to say it but you won't get much. Maybe $1k if it's in good working order. It's a 21 year old rig, after all, regardless of any nice mods you've done to it. Edmunds.com lists the 1990 XJ's with your milage at $797 private party sale and $1226 for dealer retail. I quickly ran pricing for a Cherokee Limited, w/ auto, sunroom, LSD, and tow package (to try and make up for some of your mods) and at average condition (dents, dings, etc.). I don't think KBB would be much different.

Edit: The link doesn't want to work right, try copy and pasting this into a browser:
http://www.edmunds.com/jeep/cherokee/1990/

If you CAN get more for it, awesome. But I wouldn't count on it too much. Aftermarket modifications usually return pennies on the dollar as most people don't want them. You'd also be looking at a selective market.

My friend is looking for a Cherokee but he's looking for a 92+ because of some of the mechanical changes. . . . and ideally, a 2000+ with the distributorless ignition system. I'll let me know of your rig, however.

Last edited by lupinsea; 03-18-2011 at 01:32 PM..
lupinsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

BTW, what lift do you have on there? And are the rear springs lifted with blocks, add-a-leafs, or a replacement spring pack lift?
Unread 03-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
LiftedJeep90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea View Post
I hate to say it but you won't get much. Maybe $1k if it's in good working order. It's a 21 year old rig, after all, regardless of any nice mods you've done to it. Edmunds.com lists the 1990 XJ's with your milage at $797 private party sale and $1226 for dealer retail. I quickly ran pricing for a Cherokee Limited, w/ auto, sunroom, LSD, and tow package (to try and make up for some of your mods) and at average condition (dents, dings, etc.). I don't think KBB would be much different.

If you CAN get more for it, awesome. But I wouldn't count on it too much. Aftermarket modifications usually return pennies on the dollar as most people don't want them. You'd also be looking at a selective market.

My friend is looking for a Cherokee but he's looking for a 92+ because of some of the mechanical changes. . . . and ideally, a 2000+ with the distributorless ignition system. I'll let me know of your rig, however.
I don't know where the hell your looking at, There's some selling for almost 4k and my buddy just sold his that was ****ty for 2k and it had 220k original miles, Not to mention someone offered me 3k AS it sit's now for it the other day but im thinkin about keeping instead i don't know yet. Where you getting this only 1k crap lol i said i don't know much about jeep, But im not stupid

Not to mention let me do this for ya.
http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/jeep/ch...&mileage=89000
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
808Defender
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJeep90 View Post
I don't know where the hell your looking at, There's some selling for almost 4k and my buddy just sold his that was ****ty for 2k and it had 220k original miles, Not to mention someone offered me 3k AS it sit's now for it the other day but im thinkin about keeping instead i don't know yet. Where you getting this only 1k crap lol i said i don't know much about jeep, But im not stupid

Not to mention let me do this for ya.
http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/jeep/ch...&mileage=89000
Next time make sure you put in the right year. It is a 1990 you have not a 1991 and kbb doesnt even go as old as what you have. Remember though just because someone is posting it for sale at X amount of dollars dont mean it they will get that. 4K is a lot for a 1990. Unless it has a brand new motor/ Transmission and is immaculate I would not suspect more then 2600 at a private listing.

This is Edmunds with the proper year. Now granted you do have a good looking cherokee and lift and wheels look great that stuff doesnt make it really worth anything more then a stock 90 cherokee it is just aftermarket stuff that looks good.
http://www.edmunds.com/jeep/cherokee/1990/?ps=used&
Unread 03-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #9
LiftedJeep90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Your right my bad on the 91 lol, I know its a 90.
i wasnt Not being mean or anything i was just like seriously, for the right price it will sell, a guy wants mine and when i fix it and everything hes gunna buy it for 3500 ( but i dont count my chickens before they hatch), Motor and Tranny are in premo shape no leaks no smoke perfect power, tranny shifts perfect, But i get what you guys are saying lol kinda screwed now that i think about it, i saw this and the guy was interested in my crappy exploder so i couldnt help it. if anything ill just trade it for something XD

Oh and i forgot to tell ya the roof rack my buddy wanted it sorry man
Unread 03-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #10
awkragt
2007 JK Wrangler 

My brother got a 1989, manual, 247K miles w/ rebuilt 4.0L in the last 10K, reciepts and everything, no body damage, ARBs front and rear, 5.38s, Warn 9.5ti on the front.

It was 4K even.

If you can get 3500 definitely take it. There's no way I'd buy an old XJ unless it was really built, lift, locker, winch. No one in thier right mind should be installing lockers or regearing on an old cherokee, you won't see that money ever again considering the glut on Craiglist.
http://kragt.blogspot.com
awkragt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
LiftedJeep90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkragt View Post
My brother got a 1989, manual, 247K miles w/ rebuilt 4.0L in the last 10K, reciepts and everything, no body damage, ARBs front and rear, 5.38s, Warn 9.5ti on the front.

It was 4K even.

If you can get 3500 definitely take it. There's no way I'd buy an old XJ unless it was really built, lift, locker, winch. No one in thier right mind should be installing lockers or regearing on an old cherokee, you won't see that money ever again considering the glut on Craiglist.
Exactly thats why im not gunna drive it much 89k original miles i dont wanna put to much more on it and lose even more value as it is, and if i cant get anything out of it ill just part it or somethin

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.