Pyramid pass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Pyramid pass

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 06-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
BuckleshootCJ5

1973 CJ5 

Pyramid pass

Anyone know the status of Pyramid pass? I know last year it didn't open unitl mid July. I haven't heard anything about it yet this year. I'm hoping maybe they are logging up there and the loggers have kept it clear. Last year the loggers weren't using it and the snow pack was huge.

Unread 06-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Pyramid pass itself should be open legaly but may still have snow on it. If your talking about the Naches trail that crosses over the pass that does not legaly open until July 15th
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
BuckleshootCJ5

1973 CJ5 

Ya, I'm talking about Pyramid pass. I should have phrased it differently... Wanting to know if it is passable. Last year it wasn't until mid July. And by passable, I mean with a truck, towing a Jeep...
Unread 06-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Are you talking about the gravel road or chinook pass? I've never thought about towing over the gravel road since I'm pretty sure Chinook would be faster.
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
BuckleshootCJ5

1973 CJ5 

Yes, Pyramid pass, not Chinook. It is faster, even towing a Jeep. I just flat tow though. I guess if you had a trailer it would be different...
Unread 06-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, yeah I can fly across it with just the jeep but when I have the camper on the truck and Jeep on the trailer Im positive its faster for me to go over Chinook. I also tend to camp near 410 anyways. I cant wait to get my Jeep over there to do some Jeepin this summer
Unread 06-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
ken123
1996 XJ Cherokee 

So I was kicking around that area on the 11th, up FR 70 to FR 1913 (I think...don't have my map at work) thinking it' a tad north of Pyramid pass, and hit snow at about 4000'. Can you tell me more about 'Pyramid pass'? There is another way over the pass? That's not the Natches trail...? I got to check it out! Seen Pyramid pass on the maps, but did not know it went though. Pick it up out of Greenwater? Any info would be super!

thanks a bunch-
dscn6609.jpg   dscn6610.jpg  
ken123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
BuckleshootCJ5

1973 CJ5 

Pyramid pass starts off of the 70 road, just outside of Greenwater. It is a gravel logging road. There is a gate at the top, but I've never seen it locked. It dumps down to the paved road that runs along the 'Lil Naches and hooks up to 410 a few miles to the west of Whitlin Jacks...
Unread 06-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
Koja
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Are you looking at doing a trip over? I am going over410 Thursday night and setting up camp probably west of jacks up the natches rd on the camp ground on the left.
Koja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
BuckleshootCJ5

1973 CJ5 

No, I don't have a trip planned over there until the second weekend in July. I was just curious. When I go in July we will be camping in the same area...
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #11
aogmitch
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Went over Pyramid last year on Fathers Day weekend. There was WAY more snow then than whats in the pics. Ground and road were completly covered in snow on FS70 before even getting to the turn off for Pyramid. Did't have too much trouble getting over then. But towing over it probably isn't going to happen yet.
2004 Rubicon, 5-spd, RC 2.5" Lift w/RC 2.2 Shocks, 1.25" BL, MML, RC 2.2 Stabilizer, Currie Antirock, 33x12.5-15 BFG MT KMs on Black Steel Wheels, Highrock Rear Bumper, Warn Front Bumper, Warn M8000, A to Z Rocker Gaurds, Pioneer DEH P5000UB, Eclipse 4ch Amp, Infinity 6.5 and 5.5 Speakers, Factory Sub. More to come.
aogmitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
forestgrouse
2001 TJ Wrangler 

lots of different routes from 410 to 90. My favorite is the blown out bridge trail 41 getting worse every year.
forestgrouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.