PNW Call To Action II - Reiter, Walker, Elbe, Tahuya, Yacolt Burn Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > PNW Call To Action II - Reiter, Walker, Elbe, Tahuya, Yacolt Burn Help!

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wHalloween Savings to die for!

Unread 02-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

PNW Call To Action II - Reiter, Walker, Elbe, Tahuya, Yacolt Burn Help!

This is insanely last minute but can everyone take 5 minutes and do this? And pass the word!

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE BY FEB 25th TO COUNT!

The washington state DNR is looking for funding support letters for Reiter Foothills ORV area as well as other ORV areas around the state. A strong showing helps send a signal to the agency and legislators that this is an important project and improves chances of securing funds.

You can submit letters electronically as PDFs to the DNR staff handling each proposal. Here's what I think would be a good procedure.
  1. Write letter of support (see below, important)
  2. Print to PDF (make like you're going to print the letter but instead of clicking "print" click "save to PDF")
  3. Create a new e-mail to the associated DNR contact for the project
  4. Attach PDF, press send

That's it. It should take 5 minutes, especially if you can copy and paste the body of the letter and alter pertinent details.

Two things to include in the letter:
  1. The grant number and the title of the grant
  2. And WHY the project is important to you

Here are the grants that need our attention and the people they need to be e-mailed to. Copy and paste each of these into separate e-mail subject lines and letters of support.

Grant #: 11-1019 Reiter Foothills Forest, Motorized Development
David Way = david.way@dnr.wa.gov

Grant #: 11-1016 Walker Valley ORV Trail System
Jim Cahill = jim.cahill@dnr.wa.gov

Grant #: 11-1009 Yacolt Burn and Southwest WA, ORV Trail and Trailhead Maintenance and Operation
Jessica Kimmick = jessica.kimmick@dnr.wa.gov

Grant #: 11-1030 Elbe / Tahoma State, Development of 4x4 campground and trailhead design
Nancy Barker = nancy.barker@dnr.wa.gov

Grant #: 11-1024: Elbe / Tahoma State Forest, ORV trail maintenance and operation
Nancy Barker = nancy.barker@dnr.wa.gov

Grant #: 11-1026: Tahuya / Green Mnt State Forests, ORV Trail, trailhead, campground maintenance and operation
Jesse Sims = jesse.sims@dnr.wa.gov

The most effective letters are those that relate why this project is personally important. Take a look below at the basic letter I'm writing and change up the details to suit you and your thoughts.

Quote:
Dear Mr/Ms. DNR_CONTACT
Washington State Dept. of Natural Resources

RE: RCO Project #:11-1019 Reiter Foothills Motorized Development <--- copy/paste specific grant info from above here

I am writing in support of the grant for the NAMEofGRANT grant funding. For the last 12 years myself and my friends and family have been enjoying driving our Jeeps through out Washington's DNR managed ORV areas, especially at NAMEofORVAREA. Now that my son is nearing his 3rd birthday he is joining me in our Jeep adventures. He loves the Jeep and exploring the woods with it. I would like to continue taking him out on the trails in our Jeep to enjoy the outdoors with his father. As he gets older I look forward to teaching him about offroad driving skills, helping to develop his sense of independence, refine his problem solving skills that are involved with Jeeping, and respect for the equipment and how to responsibly enjoy the trail opportunities we have in our natural environment. Please help ensure a legacy of off highway vehicle opportunities for my son by granting the funding needed for this project.

Thank you,

Sincerely, YOURNAME

If you want to add anything else feel free. Especially, anything about that SPECIFIC ORV area. The above is generic paragraph. I'll probably add a few sentences relating to specifics on each place.

THANK YOU for any who can do this!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.