Paint shops in the Seattle area? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Paint shops in the Seattle area?

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #16
Mtb Jak
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well I talked to him and it is going into the oven for the next 48 hours!

I got the front painted, the hood, front clip (waggy painted like the old sport one which was on the 2000 orginally) and also the cut fenders (unfinished edge and all).

Will keep you all updated. It cost $800, there was a good amount of prep work and priming that had to be done on the fenders and front clip, I did nothing but take the header panel off for him and disassembled it.

He is a stand up guy and has kept me updated via Text.

Mtb Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
Mtb Jak
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Over all for 800 it looks good! He is also painting my napier flares to match included at that price when they arrive. Which I will install and make all the trimming adjustments and pop off and drop off for paint. So for 800 he sanded, primed, did all the prep work and painted the "Front clip". I would give it the 5feet/5mph rule for overall finish on some edges, but what did i expect with parts that are 20+ years old! if you wanna look at it up close or want to get in contact with him let me know! AJ's bumper should be here in two weeks and the flares will go on around then too. Then with the Tax money 4.88s and Chromos and 35's.

Unread 02-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #18
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks pretty decent. Where did he get is paint from though? That is a question I've been trying to ask shops and most good places mix their own paint.

A week or so ago I went to check Line-X out as my other option to have them cover the inside and outside (inside black, outside the 65th ann Jeep Green color). They do really good quality work there, and again will work with you with what ever you want to do. Price is comparable with a paint job since instead of masking around "parts" they actually remove almost everything from the body to have virtually no trace of a missed area. I'm liking this idea more and more since it is clearly tougher than paint.... My biggest worry about paint (weather it's single or double pass) is that once it's painted, it'll scratch right away when I go camping. With Line-X that won't happen HOWEVER one big concern I have is fading. I know Line-X'ing out side of vehicles is relatively new, and even though most places have these new UV protectant clear coats that supposedly protect the color, I am still skeptical.

The other big concern I have is my stickers. Most people with Golden Eagles immediately remove the stickers and wheels as they think it looks stupid...well I like them, and they are the history of the Jeep. So I have thought of 2 options of how to go about this. Since new stickers will not "stick" to Line-X, I was thinking of either making templates and painting the name on the hood after the Line-X, or masking off the exact lines of the letters so there will be bare metal to stick the new stickers to after the spray....either way it has the potential to look quite funny so I am trying to get a hold of some garbage sheet metal and take it down to have them spray it to see what way looks best....

My Build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/majestic-eagle-1434780/
ChadH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #19
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtb Jak View Post
Over all for 800 it looks good! He is also painting my napier flares to match included at that price when they arrive. Which I will install and make all the trimming adjustments and pop off and drop off for paint. So for 800 he sanded, primed, did all the prep work and painted the "Front clip". I would give it the 5feet/5mph rule for overall finish on some edges, but what did i expect with parts that are 20+ years old! if you wanna look at it up close or want to get in contact with him let me know!
Hmmm, I am very interested in this. I am going to have to have a fender painted and a new hood as well. My rig was in a hit and run and I have been away for a year. I have already replaced the fender and will have to replace the hood when I get back so I am definitely on the lookout for some paint. Do you think it would look pretty darn close to new if I brought him the fender and hood instead of the whole Jeep? They are "e-coated and ready for paint" so I don't know if there would be any real prep work for him other than cleaning.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Washi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #20
Mtb Jak
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Its factory match from the paint code, and he went to a really good place judging by the cost. I will look for he receipt of the place he used. Yes he also offered to match it to the gas cap but i said meh just use the code (it was faster). He would be able to just take the parts and paint them, I am having him paint up my napier flares next week when they come in and they wont be on the jeep for the painting!
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #21
3JeepsOffroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtb Jak View Post
Its factory match from the paint code, and he went to a really good place judging by the cost. I will look for he receipt of the place he used. Yes he also offered to match it to the gas cap but i said meh just use the code (it was faster). He would be able to just take the parts and paint them, I am having him paint up my napier flares next week when they come in and they wont be on the jeep for the painting!
That looks amazing... And the cost is right up their alley.. Can you shoot me a PM with his information and I can pass that on to my customer?

Thanks!

[B]3 Jeeps Offroad is honored to donate a portion of every sale to help our wounded heroes. For details see our webpage: [URL="http://store.3jeeps.com/Articles.asp?ID=252"]Charity Support[/URL][/B]

3 Jeeps Offroad is proud to be a [COLOR="Red"][B]Warn Authorized Retailer[/B][/COLOR].
3JeepsOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #22
3JeepsOffroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
Looks pretty decent. Where did he get is paint from though? That is a question I've been trying to ask shops and most good places mix their own paint.

A week or so ago I went to check Line-X out as my other option to have them cover the inside and outside (inside black, outside the 65th ann Jeep Green color). They do really good quality work there, and again will work with you with what ever you want to do. Price is comparable with a paint job since instead of masking around "parts" they actually remove almost everything from the body to have virtually no trace of a missed area. I'm liking this idea more and more since it is clearly tougher than paint.... My biggest worry about paint (weather it's single or double pass) is that once it's painted, it'll scratch right away when I go camping. With Line-X that won't happen HOWEVER one big concern I have is fading. I know Line-X'ing out side of vehicles is relatively new, and even though most places have these new UV protectant clear coats that supposedly protect the color, I am still skeptical.

The other big concern I have is my stickers. Most people with Golden Eagles immediately remove the stickers and wheels as they think it looks stupid...well I like them, and they are the history of the Jeep. So I have thought of 2 options of how to go about this. Since new stickers will not "stick" to Line-X, I was thinking of either making templates and painting the name on the hood after the Line-X, or masking off the exact lines of the letters so there will be bare metal to stick the new stickers to after the spray....either way it has the potential to look quite funny so I am trying to get a hold of some garbage sheet metal and take it down to have them spray it to see what way looks best....
Based off the liners, I'd recommend just painting over the Line-X. If you leave out the spot where the decal is, the difference in thickness may look a little..... off. It would be original, but with a painted on logo you'd be able to repaint it if it gets dings from trees/rocks.

[B]3 Jeeps Offroad is honored to donate a portion of every sale to help our wounded heroes. For details see our webpage: [URL="http://store.3jeeps.com/Articles.asp?ID=252"]Charity Support[/URL][/B]

3 Jeeps Offroad is proud to be a [COLOR="Red"][B]Warn Authorized Retailer[/B][/COLOR].
3JeepsOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #23
Mtb Jak
2000 XJ Cherokee 

PM'd ya and if anyone else is interested in getting work done PM me and I will give you his contact info.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.