Pacific Northwest Manastash trip this Sat.(8/9/08) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Pacific Northwest Manastash trip this Sat.(8/9/08)

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
bushmaster03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Pacific Northwest Manastash trip this Sat.(8/9/08)

Heading up to Manastash for some wheelin' and exploring of the area. Anyone up for it?!! My plan is to head to Lost Lake and Manastash Lake(same trail).

Drop me a line and we can meet up on the Eastside befiore we head out!!!!!

Thanks,
Bushmaster
03 Rubicon

Last edited by bushmaster03; 08-07-2008 at 11:02 AM..
bushmaster03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

What time are you planning on leaving the Eastside?

This weekend is tough - 17th wedding anniversary. Plus I just got new gears and they suggested 300 miles before any trails or highway driving. Not sure I can put another 150 miles on them by Saturday.
Unread 08-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
bushmaster03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well unless you can drive down to Oregon and back before Sat. and more importantly not managing to really piss off the mate for bailing on the anniversary(not recommended) doesn't sound like you'll be coming along after all. Unless of course the mate comes with.....

Next weekend perhaps?
Unread 08-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmaster03 View Post
Heading up to Manastash for some wheelin' and exploring of the area. Anyone up for it?!! My plan is to head to Lost Lake and Manastash Lake(same trail).

Drop me a line and we can meet up on the Eastside befiore we head out!!!!!

Thanks,
Bushmaster
03 Rubicon
Are you riding motorcycles, cause there's no 4X4 trail to Manashtash Lake
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/cl...map-west-9.pdf
I might be up for that if you take the Naches Trail over to there
Unread 08-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

I was assuming Manastash Ridge when I read it.

Regardless, I'm officially a no the next two weekends - annivesary this one, and daughter's birthday the next (plus the Bears/Seahawks game).

Still hoping to do the Naches run the following weekend.
Unread 08-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
bushmaster03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddAndy View Post
Are you riding motorcycles, cause there's no 4X4 trail to Manashtash Lake
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/cl...map-west-9.pdf
I might be up for that if you take the Naches Trail over to there
Taking Rubicon. I've tried this trail in the past to Lost Lake(last run) but never got to it. I assumed Manastash Lake was on the same trail(been a while). I'd be coming from I-90 side. No clue where the naches trail starts. Would have to look at a map again.
Unread 08-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
bushmaster03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteDriver View Post
I was assuming Manastash Ridge when I read it.

Regardless, I'm officially a no the next two weekends - annivesary this one, and daughter's birthday the next (plus the Bears/Seahawks game).

Still hoping to do the Naches run the following weekend.
It is Manastash Ridge and beyond........would like to at least land at Lost lake.
Unread 08-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be up at funny/moon rocks on Sunday
Unread 08-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
bushmaster03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood View Post
I'll be up at funny/moon rocks on Sunday
Where is that?
Unread 08-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #10
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Taking Rubicon. I've tried this trail in the past to Lost Lake(last run) but never got to it. I assumed Manastash Lake was on the same trail(been a while). I'd be coming from I-90 side. No clue where the naches trail starts. Would have to look at a map again.
I always wanted to go to Lost Lake on the 4X4 trail, but never found it even though I've gone past where it's supposed to be at at least 10 times. Come to find out after the Cle Elum Rangers just updated the map that they had the old one showing the trailhead in the wrong place, so now I think I can find it. The Naches Trail Starts outside Greenwater off of Hwy 410 and heads due east to Manashtash Ridge/Little Naches/Funny Rocks etc.

Last edited by BaddAndy; 08-07-2008 at 05:54 PM..
BaddAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #11
bushmaster03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I always wanted to go to Lost Lake on the 4X4 trail, but never found it even though I've gone past where it's supposed to be at at least 10 times. Come to find out after the Cle Elum Rangers just updated the map that they had the old one showing the trailhead in the wrong place, so now I think I can find it. The Naches Trail Starts outside Greenwater off of Hwy 410 and heads due east to Manashtash Ridge/Little Naches/Funny Rocks etc.
How are the clearance issues from that direction considering I'm stock height.
Unread 08-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #12
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Where is that?
I cant remember the trail names but since your probably coming from the I90 side when you go up Manastash rd (about 10 mi gravel road) you will see Riders camp. It will be full of trials bike riders. Ask them how to get there and they will not get you lost, they are having a comp there on Sunday up there. Thats why Im going, to help out a friend riding in it(and to play on the rocks)
Unread 08-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #13
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Stock Jeep, no problems. Stock Rubicon, really no problems. Usual meeting spot is Enumclaw Safeway 8ish
Unread 08-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #14
bushmaster03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Stock Jeep, no problems. Stock Rubicon, really no problems. Usual meeting spot is Enumclaw Safeway 8ish
How long a run we talkin' from that direction? What to expect on the terrain and such? Who else is going? I haven't had anyone really interested or a yes yet for my post. Other than you and you want to go from Enumclaw side.

Is there a difference between Lower Naches trail and Little Naches? I just came across some pretty squirly pics of Lower Naches(lot of off camber)(two guys trying to keep a Jeep from going over by holding on to the left front fender) .

Last edited by bushmaster03; 08-08-2008 at 10:59 AM..
Unread 08-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #15
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
How long a run we talkin' from that direction? What to expect on the terrain and such? Who else is going? I haven't had anyone really interested or a yes yet for my post. Other than you and you want to go from Enumclaw side.

Is there a difference between Lower Naches trail and Little Naches? I just came across some pretty squirly pics of Lower Naches(lot of off camber)(two guys trying to keep a Jeep from going over by holding on to the left front fender) .
Check out my Photobucket for Naches trail pics.
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._tab_my_albums
Whatever pics you saw shouldn't have been that. Please make a decision soon as Saturday is only tomorrow.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.