Opinions on Full Width Axles in WA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Opinions on Full Width Axles in WA

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 11-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
Sasquatch4x4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Opinions on Full Width Axles in WA

thinking of 1 tons (d60/14bolt combo) on my YJ and i'm trying to avoid narrowing axles for a variety of reasons. only worry is width restrictions on trails. anybody running full width or extra wide axles in Washington? what kind of troubles have you come across?

Also if you are, whats the overall width you're running? thanks for the input!

Unread 11-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My brother had 14/60 on his 48 Willy's. It was right around 82" outside to outside of 37" MTR's. A lot of the trails he could follow just had to pick the right lines or get real creative turning in the tight trails around Little Naches / Rimrock.

Sent from my XT881freeze ray gun using JeepForum
Unread 11-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Evans Creek has gatekeepers set at I think 78" on all trails.

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
redjeepguy1

There's a number of trails in the Naches area that are too narrow for full size truck axles as well.
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

PNW trails are not for wide rigs, unless of course exiting on to the main road looking like a bent up pop can is on the menu, or getting towed out is... PNW trails can, more often than not, be tight and technical and muddy and snowy and rocky. Traction is usually not an option, save for a day in August at Manastash. And, a heavy foot on the gas pedal will only help drain your gas tank, and bank account. Think finesse & skill and patience, or give in to 4% beer, 12% wine of 100% proof courage, and then be ready to pay the tab. It is what it is.
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Never measured it, the tires stick out an inch beyond the bushwackers with hummer wheels, 1.5" spacers to clear the ford brakes and high steer arm. Waggy 2" springs front and rear. Moved the frame mounts for the front to center it up and made hoops.The rear practically bolted in, just made rear shackles and shock towers. 12" travel front and rear. Customer wanted it big and functional...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #7
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice....
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.