North Fork of the Snoqualmie river questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > North Fork of the Snoqualmie river questions

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

North Fork of the Snoqualmie river questions

I keep hearing about the north fork of the snoqualmie river, and how it has some good wheeling, but there isnt very much info out there about that place. how do i get there ( if someone could link a Map )? Does it take very long to get there ( i live in northbend )? Are the trails difficult? If anyone has pic of that area i would love to see them.

Thanks

SnoqulmieTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

i think all your hearing about is a spot where the road gets a little gnarly way up above one of the tinkham exits. whats your schedule like ill go explore it with you? if its what i think it is ive only been there with some friends toyotas, never in my jeep, but i dont think its anything we couldnt handle, depending on snow.
Unread 01-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The North Fork of the Snoqualmie River has no wheel'n areas that I'm aware of and I've been going up there for 30 years. And my dad 30 years before me.

It's simply a gravel forest road that gets way back into the hills. About 16 miles back it crosses onto Federal Snoqualmie-Mt. Baker National Forest land. On the federal land there are one or two hiking trails, some nice places to camp not far off the gravel roads (yet with very little people back there so it never feels crowded), some BIG near-old growth trees, and beautiful places to check out the North Fork of the river.

Along the way up the gravel road passes through logging timer land and some old bridges. Most of the side-roads that wander back into the timber land have been barricaded for vehicle entry but you can still walk around the gates if you want a hike.

And at the Spur 10 gate there is usually a dude from Weyrhauser (sp?) to keep an eye on anyone trying to get off the main road. I "think" you can travel Spur 10 but you need a permit or pass from Weyrhauser, that area is their land as far as I know (or land they are leasing). Spur 10 gets you up onto some mountains where there are some small lakes up there. Some day I'd like to check it out but it'll take some research on my part on who I need to contact (if I can even go).

There's no wheel'n but it's a nice place to camp or go for an easy day-trip / picnic or to do some target shooting (way back on the Federal land).

This summer I want to take my son up there (he's only 18 months now) and just do some easy driving with the top down to see how he likes riding in the Jeep with dad with the top down.
Unread 01-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

sounds great i love forest service roads usually there are some goon views. if you ever paln on going up give me a shout me and the lil misses would like to go since she isnt into the the extream stuff this seems like a great way to get her into more wheelin.
Unread 01-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

this is making me want to get up there and look around too. ill call the guys i was with at the time(a few years back) and see if they remember which tinkham exit we were off of. you could get pretty far up, and there were some cool views.
Unread 01-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i know tinham really well there isnt much up there i go up there about 2 times a week in the summer just to get some fresh air, its about a 10 mins drive from my house. there isnt much snow and there is a gate right before the top( which is where the views are) but wensday im down for some exploring the 9030 exit was washed out last year havnt been up there since june, and denny creek is closed i think not 100% sure.
Unread 01-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #7
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

like i said its been awhile since ive been in there, id be willing to bet the road im thinking of is now gated.

im down for whatever wednesday tho.
Unread 01-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
rosco1

tinkham is blocked off at the shootin pit now. 9030 offa exit 38 is still washed out
rosco1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.