New wheels & tires showed up today - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > New wheels & tires showed up today

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Reply
Unread 04-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Crabr1
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Olympia,Wa
Posts: 42
New wheels & tires showed up today

My new wheels and tires showed up today,actually there for my daughter jeep that I'm building for her for her 16th b-day.Cant wait to get home in a couple days to start putting everything on,need to install a 1 1/4" body lift to fit these,already have a 4" lift on it.This is going to be a mall crawler only unless I decide to take it out sometime. The wheels are 18x9 rockstars and the tires are Nitto mud crapplers. The wheels and tires that are on the Jeep now will be for sale,they are in excellent shape with alot of tread left,never had a flat and no sidewall damage or scuffs,they are if i remember right kmc black chrome with
33/12.50/17" Trxus M/T radial superswampers. i get home on Tuesday,take the Jeep in for gears on Weds,install the body lift Weds night so then the wheels and tires im selling will be available Thursday. asking 850 for them



Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Last edited by Crabr1; 04-13-2012 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: Wrong tire size
Crabr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
BigWhis
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tumwater, Washington
Posts: 116
Those are some wicked looking boots for the Jeep man. I just have a question: why would you spend that kind of money on a set of boots for a Jeep and then give them to your 16 year old daughter? It doesn't really make sense to me. When I got my license, I was given a crappy beater to abuse until I learned how to be a responsible driver. I don't mean any offense to you or your daughter. I just think of the people who spend all this money on a ride for their kids and most of those kids end up messing the whole rig up.

With that said, I would have loved to have gotten a Jeep or something better than an old security car.
__________________
Semper Fi!
BigWhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Crabr1
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Olympia,Wa
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWhis View Post
Those are some wicked looking boots for the Jeep man. I just have a question: why would you spend that kind of money on a set of boots for a Jeep and then give them to your 16 year old daughter? It doesn't really make sense to me. When I got my license, I was given a crappy beater to abuse until I learned how to be a responsible driver. I don't mean any offense to you or your daughter. I just think of the people who spend all this money on a ride for their kids and most of those kids end up messing the whole rig up.

With that said, I would have loved to have gotten a Jeep or something better than an old security car.
Everybody says the same thing about there kid,she's a good kid,never asks for anything,other than the wheels I bought,good grades,never causes problems,she really is good. I was going to get her a new Tacoma,lift it and out of the blue she asked if she could just have the jeep since we already had it,she said it would be way cheaper than buying a new truck,so I told her I would make it look better for her,so she is saving me Money now the tires are a little much now that I have them,but oh well they'll be fine.
Crabr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
BigWhis
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tumwater, Washington
Posts: 116
I was just curious. Like I said I just think of the people who spend money on super nice rigs and their kids f them up. Like this episode of desert car kings I saw one time. They rebuilt a 60's charger and auctioned it off. The guy who bought it was giving it to his 16 year old son. I was like "wtf!?" why would anybody give their 16 year old kid a rebuilt charger? Anyways... I digress. That's cool man and I wish I had a set of boots like those for my jeep.
__________________
Semper Fi!
BigWhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
Crabr1
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Olympia,Wa
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWhis View Post
I was just curious. Like I said I just think of the people who spend money on super nice rigs and their kids f them up. Like this episode of desert car kings I saw one time. They rebuilt a 60's charger and auctioned it off. The guy who bought it was giving it to his 16 year old son. I was like "wtf!?" why would anybody give their 16 year old kid a rebuilt charger? Anyways... I digress. That's cool man and I wish I had a set of boots like those for my jeep.
I se you live in tumwater,I'll have to teach her to do the Jeep wave,so when you see her she'll wave back. you know I was also thinking,this jeep is 8 yrs old so it's not like I'm buying her a new rig.
Crabr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
BigWhis
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tumwater, Washington
Posts: 116
Lmao I'm easy to spot. I own one of two cosmo blue Jeeps in the Oly/Tunwater area (as far as I know) and the only one of the two w/a soft top. Like a boss!

I wasn't arguing that point. I plan on giving my jeep to my son in 14 years or so. By that time it will be decked out with good gear, but it'll be a beater. I just was wondering why you personally were spending that much money on her first rig. Like I said, I was given an old security car. I think my dad spent 200 on it.
__________________
Semper Fi!
BigWhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
ramthis426
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: sharpsburg, md
Posts: 649
i have an even better question how much do you want for the old rims ive been looking at some v rocks like that lol
ramthis426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
Crabr1
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Olympia,Wa
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWhis View Post
Lmao I'm easy to spot. I own one of two cosmo blue Jeeps in the Oly/Tunwater area (as far as I know) and the only one of the two w/a soft top. Like a boss!

I wasn't arguing that point. I plan on giving my jeep to my son in 14 years or so. By that time it will be decked out with good gear, but it'll be a beater. I just was wondering why you personally were spending that much money on her first rig. Like I said, I was given an old security car. I think my dad spent 200 on it.
Ok then the honest answer,and not to be pompous.....because I can.
I fish in the Bering Sea and I'm gone a lot so I try to make things good for my daughters. Ou might have seen my red supercharged corvette around with Beringc license plate.
Crabr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
Crabr1
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Olympia,Wa
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramthis426 View Post
i have an even better question how much do you want for the old rims ive been looking at some v rocks like that lol
Would prefer to sell them as a package.
Crabr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
BigWhis
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tumwater, Washington
Posts: 116
Well if you ever feel like stealing the jeep from your daughter, let me know. I'm always down to go hit the trails.
__________________
Semper Fi!
BigWhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.