New to Redmond area, looking for a shop (D44 axle u-joints) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > New to Redmond area, looking for a shop (D44 axle u-joints)

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
BlackAura
2003 TJ Wrangler 

New to Redmond area, looking for a shop (D44 axle u-joints)

Hey guys, just moved to the Redmond/Bellevue area a couple months ago and I'm looking for a shop nearby to do my front u-joints as the passenger side has started making some fun noises.

Any one have any recommendations? Also what kind of prices should I be expecting?

Thanks!

BlackAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Why not just do them yourself there extremely easy to do. The joints themselves should be about $20-30 a piece could easily be done in a couple hours. Do you have a Les Schwab's close they do them but your going to pay labor. They would be around $250-$300

Sent from my XT881freeze ray gun using JeepForum
Unread 09-03-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Not everyone has the garage/driveway space, experience and/or the necessary tools. I pull the shafts (takes about 10 mins tops) and take them to NAPA with some new u-joints since I don't have a vise and I hate trying to pound them out. They're done and ready to put back in $10 and 20 minutes later while I eat lunch across the street.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Im going to agree with tjcj, just do them yourself, Ive done them on a trail in the rain in under an hour.
Unread 09-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
hemispin
2014 WK 

I've heard many good things about Randy's Ring and Pinion in Everett. Might be worth checking them out.
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.