Never Use Pacific Engine and Machine - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Never Use Pacific Engine and Machine

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 01-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Angry Never Use Pacific Engine and Machine

I had my Miata engine rebuilt by them in July of 2012.

They lost one of the engine hooks used to take the engine out of the car, and told me they never had it because they don't use the hooks to move the engine around the shop.

A month after I got the engine in the car it was leaking oil from the rear main seal that they put in. I had it fixed by a different shop and then went and talked to them about it. They said you should have noticed it was not installed correctly when you put the engine back in.

The crank pulley had a wobble and it ended up being that they put the wrong woodruff key in the crank nose, it was about 1/2 an inch shorter than it should have been. I talked to them about it and they said you should have noticed it was the wrong key when you put the engine in the car.

January of 2013 I noticed the water pump was leaking. They put the water pump in but I supplied it. They said every gasket leaks eventually so there is nothing we can do about it, our chance of screwing up a water pump install is just as good as yours.

It is not like my expectations were unreasonably high; I just wanted them to do their job correctly and stand behind their work. I figured if you can rebuild an engine you should know how to put a rear main seal on, you should maybe know what woodruff key to use on that engine, and you should probably be able to install a water pump. Apparently I was wrong.

The engine does have a 1 year workmanship defect warranty on it, but apparently a leaking seal or the wrong woodruff key which they installed is not a workmanship problem.

Here is their website, never have your engine rebuilt by them.
http://www.pacificengineandmachine.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.