Naches trail run in Mar/Apr? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Naches trail run in Mar/Apr?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #16
deltabravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnburn80 View Post
.... Working on/maintaining my Jeep could nearly be a part time job.
Take that and multiply it times5 and then you see what both andy and I are up against...
let's see:

here's my fleet
Jeep
truck: 2500HD
car: Aveo
MC: DRZ400
MC: Bandit 1200
21' RV

There is usually a big mayhem thing at Naches Memorial day weekend. Not like it's a group run from one particualr club, forum, or organization, but 1000+ group campouts, trail runs, bike rides, jeep runs, ATV runs and the like. Likely this year there will be a lot of snow that will keep people out of the highlands. The Naches trail is still closed, and surely will still be snowed in this year.

I've gathered that eventually it's possible that the USFS will close some of the Naches stuff till after memorial day weekend at some point in the future (part of the master forest management plan over there, but that's a whole different topic of discussion). I've been there Mem day weekend on the bike, and it's a HUGE "CF" so to speak. way too many people jammed in to an area that won't support that many people.

I won't be making it over there until late June at the earliest because the DRZ will be getting ridden heavily from now until father's day weekend. (speaking of which, it needs maintenance!!)

One year, the mayhem and madness at naches on Memorial day weekend was so intense, I packed up and left a day early, it was just insane all the knuckleheads on ATVs ripping around through other people's camp areas, kids pit riding their XR-80s and other assorted pit bikes. Naches got crossed off my list for memorial day weekend outings for doing overnight trips.

deltabravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #17
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

I drove up FR 70 yesterday to see how close I could get to the trailhead. I hate to say this, but it may be July until we can get on it if we don't have a heatwave soon. I hit snow less than a mile from the end of the pavement. I could've made it higher, but wasn't gonna attempt it be myself.
Unread 05-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #18
deltabravo

YIKES!!!!!!!

There's been time in mid may where I've done a significant amount of motorcycle riding well past the end of the pavement before hitting snow... this doesn't look good.

not only was it heavy snow year, but huge article in the Tacoma paper today reported how the temps have been rather cool for this time of year, so the snow hasn't started to melt much as of yet, also the lack of rain too.
deltabravo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.