Naches trail run in Mar/Apr? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Naches trail run in Mar/Apr?

JK Front 3 Link Prototype - Clayton Off RoadDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Naches trail run in Mar/Apr?

Realize things are still pretty wet and the snow cover is still thinkup high, but has anyone run the Naches trail lately (past 30 days?).

I know part of it was washed out last couple of years. I want to take a crew through something a bit more complex than forest roads, as I've been bringing them along slowly as they learn off-roading techniques, and Naches seems like the next phase for them.

Happy to extend the invite to Jeep Forum members when we get it set up, but don't have time to scout it right now myself, so hoping someone can assist here. The group is mostly new to this, and has a wide range of vehicles to pull from.

Unread 03-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
Comanche_

Sorry if i sound like a n00b but where is the naches trail? I'm wanting to make a list of places to go when I can drive.
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
Lud04X
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've been there when my Jeep had no lift and 31's and now I run there on 33's and 3 inches or lift, lockers, ect. I think it has a lot to offer for all types of offroading. Head over to funny rocks to watch the really stupid people. My friends and I go on Memorial Day and Labor Day every year. PM me in May and I'll let you know. Cell phones don't really work but my text messaging usually does.

Naches trail system is right off highway 410 outside of Naches, WA. Take 410 out of naches, go just past the little town of Cliffdell, and I think it's road 1710. Take that all the way up. You can also just ask at the stores on 410. Great place to camp too!

My friends drive Jeeps, 60's-70's Ford Broncos, Ford Rangers, and even a Toyota. I wouldn't take long wheel bases through some of the trails though.
35x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR's w/ Kevlar, MT Classic II's
D44 rear axle w/ ARB, alloy shafts, 4.56 gears
Dana 30 with ARB, 4.56 gears, alloy shafts and ujoints
Lud04X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

"The Naches Trail" is closed seasonally from mid-November to mid-July to prevent deterioration of the trail. Maybe they're opening it sooner these day but check with the forest service. Last I heard that was their closure schedule.

There is the Naches Basin area at the sharp apex on Hwy 410 just westbound from Cliffdell / Whistling Jacks lodge. If you look at a map of Hwy 410, follow it from the town of Naches westbound. There will be a sharp, near 90 deg turn halfway to Chinook pass. Forest Service Rd 19 leads north from that apex and lets you access the Naches Trail's eastern end (eventually) but you can also access other trails such as Raven's Roost, and Kaner Flats trail that takes you up onto Manastash Ridge, Funnyrocks/moonrocks, Quartz Mt look out point, Tripod Flats trail, and the Buck Meadows area.

Between the Hwy 410 apex, the Cliffdell area and I-90 to the north there is a 115 sq mile area filled with 4x4 and motorbike trails to explore. Lots of places to camp. Some hidden lakes. Very cool area.

I'd really recommend this area to Vette Driver as there are routes that have some stunning views but are otherwise easy to navigate. The whole trail running the length of Manastash Ridge from Quartz Mt to Funnyrocks is pretty easy.

Check out the pictures link in my sig for more areas to wheel. And . . .

Check my website for trail maps

+

Awesome state-wide trail list by another Jeep site

Along the Manastash Ridge Trail

Manastash Ridge Trail

Manastash Ridge Trail (at the top of Kaner Flats Trail)

Just east of Moonrocks by maybe 1/4 mile if that.

Western end of the Naches (behind the Jeeps), heading east-bound

Raven's Roost trail near top.

Tripod Flats in the Manastash area

Top of Raven's Roost

Heading back from Lost Lake

Climbing up from Hwy 410 to Manastash Ridge from the end of the FS Rd 1708
Unread 03-08-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

"The Naches Trail" from FR 7030 to just past Govt. Meadow is closed seasonally from mid-November to mid-July to prevent deterioration of the trail. Do not ride the trail until then or they'll have ammo to close to us. I'd love to run it too, but I'll wait until it's open. It's not a long bypass around this area on forest roads. We will rat anyone out we see coming off the trail.
Unread 03-08-2008, 01:17 AM   #6
Comanche_

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddAndy View Post
"The Naches Trail" from FR 7030 to just past Govt. Meadow is closed seasonally from mid-November to mid-July to prevent deterioration of the trail. Do not ride the trail until then or they'll have ammo to close to us. I'd love to run it too, but I'll wait until it's open. It's not a long bypass around this area on forest roads. We will rat anyone out we see coming off the trail.
Ok, good to know. Just curious, What are the forest service road #'s of the easy trails?
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.

Last edited by Comanche_; 03-08-2008 at 01:28 AM..
Unread 03-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #7
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Take FR70 to ontop the mountain, left on FR 7030, Right onto FR 1914, then search old logging roads south until you hit the trail. I don't have good #s for them. There's multiple entrances. Last May 17 we couldn't make it past 7030 intersection due to snow, so don't plan on basically getting anywhere this year until Jun maybe. The closure date this year may be a mute point due to the snow
Unread 03-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Naches is an awsome place to play---especially for families. Lots of dispersed camping, Dirt bike and Jeep trails, large open areas down low to camp and teach the kiddies how to ride, incredible views. But please obey the rules, stay on designated trails, run trails only when open, don't roost so you can watch dirt and mud fly, don't have fires when they tell you not to. (usually later in the summer). It will only take a few inconsiderate idiots to get the tree huggers all excited and close down our off-road paradise. Don't be grillin' any spotted owls either!
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
Gawdger
2008 JK Wrangler 

mmmmmm... spotted owl.
Gawdger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
Comanche_

---------- __-

Last edited by Comanche_; 03-09-2008 at 01:40 AM.. Reason: Oops
Unread 05-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #11
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like we have enough for a July run for the full trail. Thougts? Maybe weekend of the 26th?
Unread 05-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #12
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm on it as soon as possible, I'll bypass the closed portion until it opens 15 Jul
Unread 05-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #13
deltabravo

with any luck, my jeep will be ready then - and it might take that long to get it ready.

too many toys, not enough time to use them, or maintain them all.
deltabravo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #14
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Isn't there a Naches run typically on memorial day weekend? Or am I thinking of something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabravo View Post
with any luck, my jeep will be ready then - and it might take that long to get it ready.

too many toys, not enough time to use them, or maintain them all.
I hear ya, I've got my Nth belly-up, swayloc, Rokmen gastank skid and RE hand throttle all awaiting install, not to mention approaching the 60k service. Working on/maintaining my Jeep could nearly be a part time job.

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #15
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

If you know of one, let us know

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.