Naches Ranger District: 2012 Spring Trail Closure - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Naches Ranger District: 2012 Spring Trail Closure

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #31
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

They've all been scrapped , or are displays now, but they could carry 75,000lbs.

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #32
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, a great thread to read up on. I had my TJ back from 2006-2009 and loved going to Reiter. During the winter (when there was no snow) it was one of the only places to wheel. I just got my "new" YJ in October and I'm extremely disappointed to see they closed it down. So when does Naches officially open on the west side? I'm wanting that to be the first trail my YJ sees but want to make sure I have it ready in time.

As for people and how they use the trails, I agree with a lot of points. People need to quit being idiots. But I also hate that the government punishes the majority for the idiots in the minority. I had no idea WOHVA existed until this post. I'll pay for a membership shortly, as I enjoy supporting groups that have the connections I don't. (Similar to the Poker Players Alliance)

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #33
cleelumjeep
1995 ZJ 

I live in Cle Elum, relatively close to liberty and naches and I say that waiting a little longer is fine. If you really have a problem you can get ahold of the forest service and join a volunteer group to help clean/ maintain the trails. I know the Cle Elum ranger district does early trail runs for stuff like that.
cleelumjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #34
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

The problem is that too many ORV/OHV users have a defeatist mentality when it comes to defending their rights to trails/access. Many people are probably not members of the BRC, Tread Lightly, local organizations, etc... Many people don't participate in trail cleanups, go to usage meetings or send e-mails on issues (even when it's not in our area). I don't do as much as I'd like but I do try to comment on any issues I read about, and I do have a BRC membership.

Mostly what I hear though is people on the forums whining about the gubment and not doing much else.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.