Naches Ranger District: 2012 Spring Trail Closure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Naches Ranger District: 2012 Spring Trail Closure

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 01-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Ceg
2007 JK Wrangler 

Naches Ranger District: 2012 Spring Trail Closure

http://easternwashingtonadventures.c...-Trail-Closure

1951 CJ3A (project), 1975 CJ5, 1989 XJ, 2007 JKU
Ceg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:13 AM   #2
nacheswheelin
1960 CJ5 

I am really tired of them closing all our trails, thanks for posting and all the work you guys are doin to keep them open.
nacheswheelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

This is a great thing for that historical trail system. It will keep the idiots out, who are destroying the trails when they are still wet/muddy from the Winter. Let the area dry out some before running the trails, or they will just close them permanently.

Destroy the weekend warrior areas with bogging and wheel-spinning. Leave the real trail systems for the Summer/drier months.
RIPP GEN 2 w/ RIPP headers, Diablosport Trinity, 6 1/2" Teraflex, 38 KM2s, Trail Readys, RCVs, JE Reels, Currie Antirock, Redneck Ram, ORH Top, Bushwacker Flares, XRC 10 Comp, EVO 1/4 Pounder, Finishlinewest Rear Carrier/Bumper, Rotopax, Schrockworks Rails, OverKill Corner Armor, Rock Hard/AEV Skids, Warn VTC, ARB Fridge,.....
Bubblegoose1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Naches is all about the scenery anyway. I'd rather putt along and enjoy the views out there than consider it an obstacle to wheel the hell out of -- there's plenty of other places for that.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 02:19 AM   #5
nacheswheelin
1960 CJ5 

I have lived here my whole life and thats what we have for fun is our trails and they are going to close another one to us it is rediculous
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

They are definitely closing trails slowly, but this seasonal closure is actually beneficial. They are not maintaining trails any longer, so lessening usage during more damaging conditions will help keep the areas useable in the dry.

The Kaner Flats area is already a disaster from storms and no maintenance.

The additional plan for that area is to close something like a mile+ of trails each year for the next tens years. Only servicing the forest roads and areas for hunters to access; generating revenue. We don't make them any money, and what we do pay for campsites is stolen from the lock boxes by meth-heads.
RIPP GEN 2 w/ RIPP headers, Diablosport Trinity, 6 1/2" Teraflex, 38 KM2s, Trail Readys, RCVs, JE Reels, Currie Antirock, Redneck Ram, ORH Top, Bushwacker Flares, XRC 10 Comp, EVO 1/4 Pounder, Finishlinewest Rear Carrier/Bumper, Rotopax, Schrockworks Rails, OverKill Corner Armor, Rock Hard/AEV Skids, Warn VTC, ARB Fridge,.....
Unread 02-09-2012, 03:47 AM   #7
nacheswheelin
1960 CJ5 

They close them to get money from finning us for going in and preserve em to tax our kids to use them.Really bothers me because i am a mile from the end of the blacktop and they got alocked gate. I understand that we have a need for closure but i hate that the irresponsible people screw it up for the rest of us. I am hunting Idaho his year, seasons longer better tasting meat. I have heard a lot of people say they just plan to move over there.
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
jayconderman

What I would like to see is the gov quit babysitting everybody. No one is screwing anything up by winter wheeling, erosion happens when we are not there. I sound like a whack job but as a wheeling community we clean trails, haul cars out and do what we can to keep them clean. There is no need to have anything close ever. Just last week I asked my uncle who does search and rescue why they shut down Mt Pilchuck, he said to many people go up there and need help. I told him LEAVE THEM UP THERE. It's just thinning the idiots out. So some of my snow runs are done because some fuc& had to go un prepared and needed rescuing. Damn! My thought hit a wall. I will continue later. LESS GOVERNMENT IS BETTER!
jayconderman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Seasonal closers are B.S. IMO.

Evans isnt even worth going to anymore because its closed the only time of year its any fun or hard. The Naches trail is the same way for me.
Unread 03-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Naches has been damaged more and more each year by mud wheelers spinning tires through the trail. Why make it worse until they just close it?
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hard bottom the holes the same way they did Elbe a few years ago then close the bypasses. If ya get stuck pull cable.

If more people pulled cable when they get stuck instead of making bypasses we wouldnt need seasonal closers.
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

From the physical builds I've seen on some of these guys, getting out of their rigs and having to pull winch line might be too strenuous for their health.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood
Hard bottom the holes the same way they did Elbe a few years ago then close the bypasses. If ya get stuck pull cable.

If more people pulled cable when they get stuck instead of making bypasses we wouldnt need seasonal closers.
Good points
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #14
206dawgfan
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ
From the physical builds I've seen on some of these guys, getting out of their rigs and having to pull winch line might be too strenuous for their health.
Lol, so true!!!
206dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #15
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

I don't know how long you guys have been wheeling Naches, but in just the last 3 years, the use has increased dramatically, and has really changed trail conditions. I've been going there the last 15 years or so on bikes. Since getting the Jeep 4 years ago, I've had to increase tire size from 32s to 33s to be able to run some sections of trail which now require 35s because they're getting so rutted out. Liberty, same thing. I've witnessed groups totally destroy a section getting themselves thru to where it isn't recognizable from one day to the next. One day, our group went thru a section and the only proof we left behind that we were there we tire tracks in the snow. The next day we went up, all the little trees were gone, the grassy trail sides were all mud ruts and you couldn't even recognize where the trail was. We turned around as there was broken and stuck vehicles trying to winch out/thru. By the time 2010 was over, there were 3 sections like that there. I understand why they close them if they can't get people to Tread Lightly. The National Forests aren't an ORV park. Elbe, Tahuya, Evans are. That's where those people should stick to to have unlimited fun. Evans closes to minimise winter runoff into the river. Too bad the rule went into place before prevention could have been done instead. It was actually supposed to be closed in the winter starting 10 years ago, but the NFS let it slide until the DNR got it's way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.