Mount St Helens? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-25-2009, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mount St Helens?

Hey guys, are there any trails on St Helens or in the park? I am guessing not, but I figured I'd ask.

-Brett
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Jeep: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 6-Spd Manual, Cosmos Blue
"The Smurf":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous Jeeps:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-25-2009, 12:48 PM
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettDez View Post
Hey guys, are there any trails on St Helens or in the park? I am guessing not, but I figured I'd ask.
I've never heard of anything. I'd be interested in finding out if you hear something.

"Tightening the nut behind the wheel is the most cost effective way to improve the performance of any vehicle."

JK Build Thread

TJ Tub Trailer
post #3 of 7 Old 04-25-2009, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 View Post
I've never heard of anything. I'd be interested in finding out if you hear something.
If I do, I'll let you know. I'd really like to check it out. I did find some forest service trails NEAR Mount St Helens with great views of the mountain, but can't find anything ON or next to it so far.

If I find anything, you should come with.

-Brett
"The Smurf":

Previous Jeeps:

post #4 of 7 Old 04-25-2009, 11:14 PM
redjeepguy1

Forest Service roads is all you will find down there, some in pretty sad shape due to damage that never got repaired after they washed out in the mid 90s.

Bill
member 141,234,541 of the red jeep club
post #5 of 7 Old 04-28-2009, 02:01 PM
BoKnows

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lots of forest service roads, redjeepguy1 is correct, miserable shape, just east of the park in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. Just took the family down there this last weekend and had a good time. Still some snow at higher elevations too.

1997 TJ White
3speed auto, RE Long Arm with ACOS...5" of lift, 35x12.50 PC XAT on 15x8 wheels, Bilstein 5100 shocks, rubicon D44 with front and rear ARBs, AA SYE, Coast CV Driveshaft, 4.10 gearing, ORO Swayloc, ARB Snorkel and K&N filter, magnaflow exhaust, Fabtech front bumper, LoD Xpedition Rear bumper, LoD Rocker Guards, hella lights, 6" Xenon flares, HULA GIRL on dash...........she makes me smile

post #6 of 7 Old 04-28-2009, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

Is it much of a trail, or just a bumpy road? How much is there to explore? It's like 3 hours away for me and just want to make sure it's worth it.

-Brett
"The Smurf":

Previous Jeeps:

post #7 of 7 Old 04-28-2009, 09:51 PM
redjeepguy1

so many roads down there are washed out, it's pathetic.
they washed out in 96 time frame, and have become "abandonded" to some degree and some or only passable on a motorcycle.
i wouldn't waste the time if you are looking to just drive around and hit dead ends all the time. roads that are still open are just that. ROADS.... gravel roads mostly. not really what most would consider "4 wheeling" if that
s what you are hoping to do.

call the ranger station in Randle (or maybe the ranger station is in Packwood)

Bill
member 141,234,541 of the red jeep club

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.