Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Monday, Labor day, the 7th of september, Tahuya any one?

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  keaton 
#1 ·
Myself and Keaton are planning on a trip to Tahuya for Monday. Although we are both in lifted Xjs, stock jeeps are also welcome. Just make sure you have at least 1 tow point, though you shouldnt need it. My XJ was out there 3 weeks ago completely stock, and although I didnt make it through the entire loop, (We turned back, scared to break my friends explorer any more) I had a good time and didnt get stuck. Sure got a kick out of flexing tires off the ground though.

Some of the hills were good fun, and traction was not an issue, just as long as tires were touching the ground.

If you would like to come with, please respond. If you want to meet up in Tacoma, then we can convoy down to Tahuya, or just meet in the staging area. I hope to see you there!

#2 ·
I might be interested, but I do not know if I have enough time to put on my lift and tires. I am planning on heading out there soon. Let me see if I can get the lift on and if the boss is interested.

#6 ·
Good to see we might have a few others. More XJs though! Haha. My buddy will be coming along with his camera so we should get some good shots.

Oh and i have tow hooks on the front but no hitch on the back think ill be fine?

#7 ·
I wish I could make it. It's practically around the corner for me.

Since it poured rain on and off today, it should be a bit more muddy instead of the dustbowl it was a few weeks back.

For anyone not familiar with the area a stock rig will handle the main trail just fine. There are places that you could potentially get hosed, but there are go-arounds on most.

The only damage I had there was the plastic air dam getting pulled off by some tree roots.

#8 ·
I had to get some things done, like school supply shopping for my kids. Oh well maybe next time.

#9 ·
Had a blast today. It turned to be just me and locohosa but we had a hell of a time. Weather was perfect and trails were great. Neither one of us broke or dented anything too bad lol my fenders need some gentle bending but other then that we came out unscathed. Heres the album with the pics. He got a couple videos too of us hittin some mud. I didnt get stuck and only had to pull him out a couple times haha.

tahuya labor day pictures by Spike69 - Photobucket

#11 ·
Two videos, the videos were kinda one of those, "We should get this on camera" and then things took a bad turn for the worse..... Im shocked we didnt break anything.

This was some deep mud, I got stuck twice trying to go through....

Sadly, most of the epic pictures were taken of me trying my hand at the rock garden, which would have gone better with a more experienced spotter. We were both new to this, so I ended up with some differential drag and a dented exhaust, but no real damage.

He tried to guide me around two big rocks, so I ended up high centered on them instead, so I got to be drug out.

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.