Manastash Area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Manastash Area

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
Gawdger
2008 JK Wrangler 

Manastash Area

Is the Manastash area (Rider Camp, 311, 306) buried in snow?

Gawdger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
redjeepguy1

Rider's camp is somewhere around 3000' elevation or possibly higher, and judging by the amount of snow on Snoqualmie Pass, I'd have to say that it most liekly is buried in snow.
redjeepguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
Gawdger
2008 JK Wrangler 

Any suggestions in Western or Central WA?
Unread 12-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
redjeepguy1

I've heard there is a trail system up around Goldbar are (Highway 2, east of stevens pass) called Rieter or something like that.

Even central WA has some snow in it right now, so west side is prob the only place to go. I think even Evans Creek and ELbe might have some snow, but Elbe is lower elevation, so there migt night be too much snow.

here's a web cam page that show the conditions in the mtns.
Unread 12-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
redjeepguy1

most places are snowed in where the good wheeling is at, but I've heard of a place near goldbar named "rieter trails" which is east of Stevens Pass.

central part of the state has got some snow too.

Elbe Hills or Evans Creek are options.

here's the snow conditions in the mtns:

Web cams in the mtns
Unread 12-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #6
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjp1234
Any suggestions in Western or Central WA?
For Western Washington there are three ORV places that I know of and have been to:

Tahuya ORV Park
Walker Valley ORV Park
Reiter Trails ORV area.

All of the above are lower elevation trail networks and so shouldn't see any snow.

Tahuya is very lame. . . don't go there. It's mostly set up for dirt bike riding and the Jeep'n opportunities are a few short trails on largely smooth and level forest trails. Very boring. Near Bremerton / Belfair area.

Walker Valley is near Mt. Vernon, WA. It's a fun place but might be further north on I-5 that you want if you are looking for something in the Central WA area. Some good trails and you can get a trail map from one of the state DNR websites.

Reiter Trails is sort of a defacto ORV area. Nothing official yet but a few government agencies are working with the local 4x4 groups to get something going there. As it is there's a variety of easier trails down low with some insanely difficult stuff in the boulder gardens and other areas. It's on the eastern outskirts of Gold Bar, WA. Point A is Goldbar, Point B is the first staging area and Point C is the second staging area. A fun area and a place I'd recommend.

I've been working on mapping Reiter Trails area. If you want a map covering 80%+ of the trails PM or e-mail me and I can send a copy to you. Check out the link to my website in my sig to see 5-6 different photo albums of Reiter if you're interested in seeing what trails are like. It's a place that is popular with everything from ATVs, dirt bikes, hikers (rare), regular modified Jeeps and custom rock buggies. The lower staging area is big enough to accomodate 15-20 motorhomes or trailers and many people set up camp in trees at the upper staging area.

Evan's Creek is another fun, local ORV area but it's about 4000 ft in elevation and would likely be under snow by now. Although, I think snow comes later to Evan's Creek so if Manastash is snowed in, Evan's should be open for another month or two.

As for Manastash . . . Rider's Camp / Manastash Camp sits at 4000-5000 ft of elevation and the trails go up from there.
Unread 12-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
Gawdger
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the great information. The mountain cam web site is handy; having all the passes on one page is helpful. I'll definitely check out the Reiter trails. Thanks again.
Unread 12-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #8
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

You forgot Elbe Hills
Unread 12-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #9
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I did. . . . whoops.

Though Elbe is a bit far out of my way with approx 2 1/4 hr drive from me. At those drive times I might as well go elsewhere such as Manastash where there's more wheel'n and better scenery. Except that Manastash is probably burried in snow. Not to mention there's not too many trails at Elbe, you're running through clear cut land half the time (boring and ugly), and what trails there are are either really boring or tend to induce much body damage. I go there about once every year or two.

BTW, at one of my projects in the Roslyn area there's about 2 ft of snow on the ground. That's at ~2500 ft of elevation.

Not quite sure where Gjp1234 is located but if it's north of Puyallup there are more fun areas to go to in my opnion that are either closer or about the same drive-time away.
Unread 12-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #10
Gawdger
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm in Seattle but my work takes me up into the Olympics and Cascades frequently. I had a few projects in the Rimrock area this summer and had a blast tooling around on the trails. I was working at a tower on Bethel Ridge and found a FS Jeep trail, don't recall the trail number, but it went from the communications tower and headed East. From there I worked my way through some other trails and dropped out at the elk feeding area on rt 12. I hope to get back for a few days next summer.

Alas, it seems as if I should take the next few months to wrench on the jeep. Hope Santa remembered my wish list.
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
redjeepguy1

the are usually doesn't become snow free until mid to late may, and this year it might be later considering all the snowfall we had already gotten, and we gots 2 more months of snowy season remaining

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.