Light Bar Stolen - WA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Light Bar Stolen - WA

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 12-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
danbogart

Light Bar Stolen - WA

I know I'm new here but I was hoping for a little help from the community. I had the light bar stolen off of my Jeep Cherokee last night and was hoping to spread the word and get a few more guys on the look out. Its not that it's that big of a deal to me but just the fact that I worked hard for something just to have it ripped off by some low life has set me off. So thanks for any help guys/gals.

It was stolen last night (12/17/2011) from either the Silver Lake (Everett)/Snohomish area. I first noticed it gone this morning when I went out to my driveway. I'll include some pictures below of the actual light bar and the damage they left behind. Please contact myself (4259237682) or the local Snohomish County Sheriffs Department if you come across anything. I would really like to teach these theiving scumbags a lesson. Once again any help is seriously appreciated.

Dan

danbogart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

That sucks, hope you catch them. If you do another one, use these.

http://www.brycefastener.com/keyrex.htm
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
danbogart

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
That sucks, hope you catch them. If you do another one, use these.

http://www.brycefastener.com/keyrex.htm
Thanks for the link. Definitely will be using those next go around.
Unread 12-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to hear of your experience. Any marks on it that would identify it as "yours?" I suppose that's not a question you want to answer publicly. Nonetheless, none of us out here would know if what we were looking at belonged to you or not, without some sort of identification on it.

Hey, good luck to you this time, and better luck to you the next time...

~John/Puyallup
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
danbogart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
Sorry to hear of your experience. Any marks on it that would identify it as "yours?" I suppose that's not a question you want to answer publicly. Nonetheless, none of us out here would know if what we were looking at belonged to you or not, without some sort of identification on it.

Hey, good luck to you this time, and better luck to you the next time...

~John/Puyallup
I have a few ways but a couple other could look out for are the cut wires and no switches to go along with the kit and the bar itself is powder coated and from kevinsoffroad.com (part number kor-4202). I highly doubt anyone in the area is running the same powdercoated bar.
Unread 12-19-2011, 01:37 AM   #6
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Next one weld the tops of the nuts. just a little tac will do.

And that is also an awesome link.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
Chin13
2000 XJ Cherokee 

That sucks I will keep my eye out for it or anyone trying to sell something like it. Hope you find the person that took it.
Unread 01-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
danbogart

Well how about an update huh?

Well after the stuff was stolen, I started doing some leg work, posting in forums, posting on craigslist, and even setting a notification on my phone for when someone posts the word "piaa" on craigslist.

Well two nights ago my phone went off and someone had posted a very vague posting with the same model lights that were stolen from me in "snohomish". So I messaged, asking the condition style, if they has the covers, etc. He responded shortly after describing them. Even though they matched what I had I wasn't hopeful. Until...........I took the name and email address that he responded from and searched google. Turns out he lives in "Everett" (where I live). hmmmmmmm.

So I kept digging. He has a facebook. I have pictures of him. I have pictures of his vehicles. I have the names of his family. I take the time to run his name through the Snohomish County Arrest Record. And we have a hit. Maybe time to dig a little further.........

He continues to email back and forth with me, sending me pictures and all of the details I ask. We set up a meeting for the next day. I decide to run his dad's name through google. Get his phone number and AN ADDRESS. He lives A BLOCK FROM MY HOUSE. Things are starting to add up. I ask what kind of toggle switches the kit has. Surprise surprise, no wiring (mine was cut). I call the police to follow up on the police report I had filed when they were stolen, letting them know I might have a hit. I then take the time to print EVERYTHING off for them. Police report, insurance claim, pictures, and every email exchanged.

They ask me to cancel the meeting for that day and set it up for the next day (today). He had said he had plans after 3:30 so I texted him (he gave me his phone number) and let him know I was in traffic and couldn't make it by 3:30. He agreed to meet today.

I call the detective this morning and he asks to set up a meeting for 12:30 today. I message the guy and he agrees to 1:30. I let the cops know and the game is on. I play it up asking the fella what he's driving (even though I already knew). I go ahead and relay the info to the police and they are on their way (Damn being stuck at work for this!!!!). The kid (he's 18) messages me saying he's running about 10 minutes late and asks what I'm driving. Crap, I don't know what I'm driving. I call the police, let him know the kid is running late and ask "what I'm driving".

I tell the kid I'm in a black chevy pick up (yuck, I'm a ford guy) and get back to work. Well about 1:45, I get a call from the detective asking me to get to the scene as soon as possible. I ask if the met with the guy and he responds with "we got him". I leave work and am on my way.

I pull up to the scene (mcdonalds in snohomish, mind you the kid lives in everett) to see two plain clothes officers and a young kid. I walk up and the police said that he asked to speak with me. He walked up, hands in his pockets, head down and gave me a quiet "I'm really sorry, It won't happen again". HELL YEAH, WE GOT HIM!!!!! I took a second to soak it in and replied with "Listen to me for a second. You're an 18 year old kid and you're going about things the wrong way. This moment, right here, right now, YOU BETTER LIVE AND LEARN." He just apologized again and I then met with the police.

They said he was reluctant to give up any info at fist but they got him to crack and he admitted to "stealing just the two fog lights, not the bar or the one's in the middle". Seriously dude? They also said they think he is protecting someone right now, as they think others were involved. I had to fill out some paper work and then the officer reaches in the truck and hands me these.

I'm excited to have the lights back, but wish I would have got them all. Oh well, I'm just so excited we got the guy!!! I thanked the police for all their hard work to which they replied "you should thank yourself. You did all the detective work. Next time we have a craigslist case, WE'RE CALLING YOU!" HAHA

Well now I will wait and see if he returns the rest and will be pressing charges within the next month.

I WIN!
Unread 01-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #9
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats... Good to hear the good guy came out on top this time.

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
yelset

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! Glad you got the lights back.
Unread 01-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Outstanding!
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

That is awesome! Glad to see someone had some success in getting retribution.

I can't stand thieves!
"The Smurf": --Pic 1-- --Pic 2-- --Pic 3-- --Pic 4--
Previous Jeeps: --2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon-- --2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon-- --1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ--
BrettDez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #13
wolfcreek
2004 TJ Wrangler 

sweet justice!
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
Nwapache
2008 JK Wrangler 

Holy crap, the police actually did something for you?! Nice job on all the leg work, its good to hear someone follow through and get some justice.
Nwapache is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #15
jaminj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice Good Work way to follow up and trust your instincts and not being a victim!!

Support OUR TROOPS---NO REST UNTIL EVERYLAST ONE OF THEM IS HOME!
jaminj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.