Lift Suggestions Please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Lift Suggestions Please

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
producerjohn
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lift Suggestions Please

So, I have a 2006 Wrangler TJ and I'd like to give it a mild lift. As it is driven by my wife often, I don't want to do anything radical or that would make it too wobbly on the freeway.

Olympic 4x4 in Snohomish has a Rough Country 2.5" kit that includes shocks and springs for $650 installed. My local Les Schwab suggested a box kit with new shocks for $750 installed.

I'm currently running 31" tires on stock 15" wheels BTW.

Any other ideas? I know there are lots of threads on this subject in other parts of the forum, but since I'm looking for local options, I thought I'd try here first.

Thanks

Last edited by producerjohn; 07-03-2013 at 11:36 AM..
producerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
Border Dave
Got Sand?
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Are you planning on staying on 31 inch tires? If not, what size is in your future?

Will you be offroading with your jeep? If so, how often?

If you do offroad your jeep, what type of terrain do you wheel on and which trails do you run?

Oh, and from what I've read on the forums, I wouldn't recommend a Rough Country lift if you want a soft ride with good handling.
Border Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I had rough country on my last tj, it handled very well but rode very rough over sharp edge bumps. As far as ride OME, old man emu is the best ride there is.

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
Pawjob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

As Border Dave said we need more info on what you plan to do with your jeep. Also once you start going bigger tires you will need to think about gears, and axle upgrade. TJs came with the worse axle combos jeep put out. I has the LP Dana 30 and Dana 35 rear both axle are not good if your looking to wheel hard on 35's or bigger. My ZJ has the same axles and im running 35's and my ZJ is pavement only and my Dana 35 is hating life. It needs to be replaced soon. One last note adding a lift isnt the only way that will let you add larger tires. Metalcloak fender set and others like it will let you run 35's with stock suspension on a TJ.

1993 Wrangler, Rock Smashing Jeep, and November 2012 YJOTM... [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rockcrawling-yj-build-1428039/"]YJ Build[/URL]
1.5" SOA, Stak 3 speed Tcase, 37" Swamper M16's...ALOTS of extras
Pawjob is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.