Im new to Wa and looking for Jeeping spots - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Im new to Wa and looking for Jeeping spots

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #16
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm not even getting any bites on mine at $14000. I guess the market just isn't there right now.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #17
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera
I'm not even getting any bites on mine at $14000. I guess the market just isn't there right now.
Sucks
maverick2107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #18
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure it's the market not being there but being lower. I know we all highly value our rigs and their mods but we get literally pennies on the dollar on the used market for them. You guys should scope out the prices on edmunds.com or kbb.com and go from there. Then run some searches yourself through craigslist.org and maybe autotrader.com to see what other asking prices are on similar Jeeps.

Just running the numbers on my own Jeep as an example (not that it's for sale), here's what I plugged in:

2001 Wrangler
4.0L engine
Automatic transmission
90,000 miles
Yellow color
Full steel doors
Alloy wheels
Tilt steering wheel

Condition: Average or Good (I'm being kind to my own rig here)

Kbb = $9,600
Edmunds = $5-7k

I got dinged on edmunds because the condition was only average.

To the above I'm also running the following notable mods:

Rubicon D44 rear axle
Truetrac LSD up front
33" tires (new)
SwayLOC swaybar system
OBA conversion
2.5" lift w/ OME shocks
Warn Winch*
Rear shock shifter mod
Belly-up low-profile skid plate
SYE / CV driveshaft

Sure, there is some nice-ish stuff in the parts list but I doubt I'd get much extra and would probably try to list my rig about $2k over the KBB price as a starter, say, around $11k and go from there.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here but just trying to be practical: used, modified Jeeps don't command they money they should. Though I think clintrivera's rig could probably get a bit more than normal due to his V8 engine swap.

Best of luck.

* Depending on what my plans were post-sale, I might keep the Warn Winch and mount it on another rig.
Unread 11-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's kinda odd...maybe prices have gone down lately? Cause before I purchased my TJ I researched it and it was right on the money as far as what the seller was asking. I looked up KBB, autotrader.com, and even some dealers (asking what they would pay for it to be on their lot).

I forked out 16K for:
06 TJ Golden Eagle
73K miles
4.0L
6spd
Hard top with full metal doors
Manual locks/windows
6 disc CD changer
Almost pristine condition. One tiny rust spot (1/8 inch by 1/3 inch). Was missing tire iron. Sub did not work. No signs of off road use (no scratches or scrapes under body at ALL). No rust on frame at all. I am the 2nd owner. Rear main/oil pan leaks...but it's a typical problem.

Just seems odd you are getting no bites....could be also people already have their "4X4 for the winter" type of vehicles. I think interest in off road vehicle purchases spike around August-October and March-July... Maybe hang on to it till spring?

My Build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/majestic-eagle-1434780/
ChadH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #20
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadH
That's kinda odd...maybe prices have gone down lately? Cause before I purchased my TJ I researched it and it was right on the money as far as what the seller was asking. I looked up KBB, autotrader.com, and even some dealers (asking what they would pay for it to be on their lot).

I forked out 16K for:
06 TJ Golden Eagle
73K miles
4.0L
6spd
Hard top with full metal doors
Manual locks/windows
6 disc CD changer
Almost pristine condition. One tiny rust spot (1/8 inch by 1/3 inch). Was missing tire iron. Sub did not work. No signs of off road use (no scratches or scrapes under body at ALL). No rust on frame at all. I am the 2nd owner. Rear main/oil pan leaks...but it's a typical problem.

Just seems odd you are getting no bites....could be also people already have their "4X4 for the winter" type of vehicles. I think interest in off road vehicle purchases spike around August-October and March-July... Maybe hang on to it till spring?
Ya I bought my jeep less than a year ago stock for 15k, ill hang till somebody bites.
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #21
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So what are you gonna replace it with?

My Build:
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #22
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So what are you gonna replace it with?
A car for my wife. We bought a new truck about a month ago and it's too big for her. So ill tribe the truck and get her a car :-/
Unread 11-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #23
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

BOO! Well..sacrifices have to be made sometimes. Any future Jeep plans?

My Build:
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #24
Matt L
1998 TJ Wrangler 

trade new truck in on something she wants, go get old pickup for you, (tow rig) and then keep jeep.

It's a jeep thing, those who sell don't understand. Or is it you had the jeep thing and it stung when you peed.

what's up with everyone selling their heeps? I plan on going with you all on the next run. poker run on the 19th also in elbe, january.
Matt L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #25
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
BOO! Well..sacrifices have to be made sometimes. Any future Jeep plans?
It prob won't sell
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #26
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt l
trade new truck in on something she wants, go get old pickup for you, (tow rig) and then keep jeep.

It's a jeep thing, those who sell don't understand. Or is it you had the jeep thing and it stung when you peed.

What's up with everyone selling their heeps? I plan on going with you all on the next run. Poker run on the 19th also in elbe, january.
lmao
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #27
deltabravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick2107 View Post
error in your ad: it says V6.
TJs don't have a V6
deltabravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #28
Matt L
1998 TJ Wrangler 

But it's only been on the trains a few times
Matt L is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.