Im new to Wa and looking for Jeeping spots - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > Im new to Wa and looking for Jeeping spots

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Im new to Wa and looking for Jeeping spots

I am also new to this "Forum" thing and dont really know what im doing. I just moved to Maple Valley from So California. I have a 01' TJ with a 2.25" lift and 33" mud countrys on it. No diff lock and no winch (Yet). Can anybody tekll me some places to jeep or does anybody wanna set up a trip? Soon! Thank you so much!

Dean

maverick2107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dean,

Congrats on your move! I love this state! I'm pretty new too (well to the Jeep world not to WA) and dont know much about areas around to check out, but I'm thinking of going to Tahuya ORV on the 10th to check things out before making upgrades.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f313/...1/index51.html - Post * 753

This might also help. Awesome amounts of info. I live in Kent, so any time you wanna go hit me up.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f313/...state-1239352/
ChadH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks a ton for the links. That helps. Ill try and make in on the 10th. And if you ever wanna go jeeping let me know also!

Dean
img_0504.jpg  
Unread 10-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

No prob! I'm down any time. I have an all stock 06 TJ though. No idea what it can and can't do. I'm used to driving military vehicles that can't be stopped. Pic of it is on my profile. Ill soot ya a PM in a few weeks, see if you're still up for the 10th.

Nice looking rig BTW!
Unread 10-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks bud. Ya I purchased mine stock. It's amazing what they can do stock too.

Sent from Dean's iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 10-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Not to rain on your Tahuya run but on the 10th a few of us are heading down to Evan's Creek. It's much closer to both of you than Tahuya and has a lot more interesting trails. You guys are welcome to join us!

ChadH, we ran it in late September and had a fellow with a stock TJ with us. He did an insanely good job of driving but he also made it through everything. So you can make it through, too. We also have winches and tow straps in our group. The worst it'll get is maybe needing a tug or winch here or there to get one over a 5-10 ft section of trail (which is typical for most NW trails, they are fun but not too bad).

This is what the trails are like. One guy who is joining us has only started Jeep'n since mid-summer and has only been out about 4-5 times. Here are a couple pix from this September's run:

( click for larger images )

With the foul weather Evan's should be a lot wetter and slicker which means . . . much more fun!

Anyways, I'm going to post an open invite if you are interested. . . .
Unread 10-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
No prob! I'm down any time. I have an all stock 06 TJ though. No idea what it can and can't do. I'm used to driving military vehicles that can't be stopped. Pic of it is on my profile. Ill soot ya a PM in a few weeks, see if you're still up for the 10th.

Nice looking rig BTW!
Side note. . . the Jeeps "can" be stopped but they are also a lot smaller and will fit more places than the bigger military vehicles. This summer I led an offroad group at my church and one guy had a very sweet H1 Hummer. . . that he could only take on a couple of the easier trails. Due to it's size, it simply wouldn't fit on the tighter, more technical trails. Also, due to the weight, he had some real difficult making it up one particular hill climb. Where as the bone-stock TJ with street tires and open diffs just zipped right up.

You're Jeep will definitely be a different experience and as you get more into trail running with it I'd be very curious to get your thoughts on the differences.
Unread 10-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, just posted the run:

Evan's Creek November 10th, who wants to go?
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea
I'm in. This will be my first run in Wa or with a group in any state.

Dean
Unread 11-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick2107 View Post
I'm in. This will be my first run in Wa or with a group in any state.

Dean
Awesome.

I ALWAYS advise to "never go Jeep'n alone" as a solo rig. You never know what might happen.

This is the mantra of my Jeep club and when I first joined up I didn't follow it one day, figuring, bah, I'll just buzz out with a buddy of mine (riding shotgun) for an hour or so of trail riding one afternoon.

Turns out I snapped the output shaft in my transfer case which disabled the rig and we had to abandon my Jeep on the side of a mountain and hike down into town. This was right before we started loosing daylight and we had a river to ford across. It was dark by the time we got to pavement.

This was, hm, 8 years ago and I still get ribbed about it from my club. Fortunately, when I called them that night they were pretty excited to launch a "rescue mission" the next day.

Anyways, I've learned my lesson the hard way and could only image if there had been a medical problem and the rig broke down.
Unread 11-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea

Awesome.

I ALWAYS advise to "never go Jeep'n alone" as a solo rig. You never know what might happen.

This is the mantra of my Jeep club and when I first joined up I didn't follow it one day, figuring, bah, I'll just buzz out with a buddy of mine (riding shotgun) for an hour or so of trail riding one afternoon.

Turns out I snapped the output shaft in my transfer case which disabled the rig and we had to abandon my Jeep on the side of a mountain and hike down into town. This was right before we started loosing daylight and we had a river to ford across. It was dark by the time we got to pavement.

This was, hm, 8 years ago and I still get ribbed about it from my club. Fortunately, when I called them that night they were pretty excited to launch a "rescue mission" the next day.

Anyways, I've learned my lesson the hard way and could only image if there had been a medical problem and the rig broke down.
Copy that bud.
Unread 11-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #12
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Haha I got told the same thing by my boss not long ago! A week after I got my G.E I was gonna head to a little spot on Lewis I know of to test it out and he was totally on me about not doing it. Needless to say I took his advise.
Unread 11-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
maverick2107
2001 TJ Wrangler 

For Sale

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3435759502.html
Unread 11-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #14
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So....are you picking up a different one? I surely hope so!

My Build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/majestic-eagle-1434780/
Unread 11-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #15
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

For 500.00 less you could get a built Rubicon. I just lowered the price to 12500.00
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/...bicon-1433129/

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.