I want to go to Moab (Easter Safari)! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > I want to go to Moab (Easter Safari)!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I want to go to Moab (Easter Safari)!

Help! I live in the PNW (Olympia, WA) and I need a serious road trip. I think I can get off work for two weeks the end of March/early April. That's when the Easter Safari is going on (27 Mar - 4 Apr). I figure I can drive two and a half days down, spend a week in Moab, and then a two and a half days drive back.

Anybody going to the Easter Safari this year from the PNW? Anybody got any good tips/info for someone (like me) that's never been before?

armyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

We go to Moab every year. When we go we make it in two days, the first day we leave our house at about 4am and drive to Ogden Utah which takes roughly 15 hours, then leave at about 6am the next morning and arrive in Moab at about 10am that day. I would look up redrock4wheelers website and get signed up on some trail rides with them, especially on that busy week. When we come home we drive straight through in one day, it makes a long day but it's nice to make it home.
elkfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the tips!
Unread 02-05-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Weather can be anything at that time, prepare for it.
Crowds-everything from lodging, to meals, to groceries/ice, gas, trail sign ups you will wait in line for. It is busy.
Plan ahead. Decide on your lodging now, as most of it is already reserved a year in advance.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I downloaded the info for Easter Safari and printed it off (88 pages!). Lots of information.

I made reservations at a KOA a few miles south of Moab, so lodging is taken care of.

Event registration forms with trail requests need to be to them by the 16th for the trail selection lottery, so I'll get that out in a few days.

Now I have to decide if I want to get a little trailer to pull behind my Jeep for my camping gear and such (1100 miles one way) or toss everything in my truck just flat-tow the Jeep behind it (1998 Ram 4x4 5.2 engine). This is fun!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.