How hard can it be to find a TJ?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Washington Jeep Forum > How hard can it be to find a TJ?!

Metalcloak: Celebrate Freedom with Free ShippingFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-29-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
JoeKelsi

How hard can it be to find a TJ?!

First and foremost,

ill be cliche and give the ol' "long time lurker, first time poster" line.

I have creeped around these forums for a while looking for tips and tricks wiht my current jeep - 2011 Jeep Liberty KK.

I am selling this and getting a TJ, fulfilling my jeep dreams. The guys in my family have jeeps, all wranglers.. and I am the only one in a covered car when we go off roading! Time to change that.

Anyways, I am having a pretty hard time trying to find something somewhat decent. I have searched craigslist, auto trader etc. Cant find too many clean TJ's for the price I am looking for/criteria I am picky about. There are a few, but there always seems to be SOMETHING that comes up that isnt in the ad.

My criteria:
TJ
Below $10k
Clean Title
4.0L
No mold, decently clean interior
No under body major scratches or dents
Not yellow

I dont mind if it has some tasteful upgrades.

My question is: anyone know where to look? are there any other sites?

Looking forward to replies!

JoeKelsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 01:37 AM   #2
Slobert
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Be patient and wait for a deal your happy with. Don't just search you local Craig's list, their are apps that let you search within a specified radius or you can just search craiglist in other markets you'd be willing to drive to. Decide which priorities are deal breakers and which ones you can compromise. For example, I would not let a dirty interior or scratched under body break a deal. The first thing I did to my jeep was tear out the carpet anyways. The nice thing about jeeps is every thing is fixable and replaceable. If you find a jeep you like but for one defect, consider using that defect to lower the price. Also, get the word out to keeping family and friends that you are looking for a wrangler. So stoked word of mouth can get you a sweet deal. Happy hunting!
Slobert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.